There are schools offering paramedic programs in New Mexico!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in New Mexico
The top-ranked school in New Mexico with a paramedic program is University of New Mexico-Main Campus, which is located in Albuquerque. In 2010, it was ranked 68th nationwide. 10 students graduated with a certificate in paramedic from University of New Mexico-Main Campus in 2010. Students at University of New Mexico-Main Campus paid $5,506 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in New Mexico with a paramedic program is Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell Campus, which is located in Roswell. In 2010, it was ranked 87th nationwide. In 2010, 224 students graduated from Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell Campus paramedic program. Students at Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell Campus paid $1,339 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in New Mexico that has a paramedic program is Central New Mexico Community College. Central New Mexico Community College, which was ranked 89th in the country in 2010, is located in Albuquerque. In 2010, 138 students graduated from Central New Mexico Community College paramedic program. Tuition at Central New Mexico Community College was $1,812 per year.
Tuition at New Mexico's paramedic schools ranges from $5,506 per year to $764 per year. But, the average tuition is $1,704 per year. In 2010, the following New Mexico paramedic schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of New Mexico-Main Campus - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $5,506 per year
- Central New Mexico Community College - located in Albuquerque, students are charged $1,812 per year
- New Mexico State University-Carlsbad - located in Carlsbad, students are charged $1,439 per year
The following New Mexico paramedic schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Eastern New Mexico University-Ruidoso - located in Ruidoso, students are charged $764 per year
- Clovis Community College - located in Clovis, students are charged $944 per year
- San Juan College - located in Farmington, students are charged $1,032 per year
A paramedic certificate from a New Mexico school... what next?
The highest percentage of paramedic graduates in New Mexico pursue careers as a paramedic. If you decide to work as a paramedic in New Mexico, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 1,340 New Mexico paramedics as of 2010. The New Mexico counties with the largest populations of paramedics are:
- Bernalillo County - 540 paramedics
- Dona Ana County - 250 paramedics
- Chaves County - 220 paramedics
The government projects that the number of paramedics in New Mexico will grow by 11%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,030 paramedics working in New Mexico.
On average, a paramedic earns a salary of $30,230 per year in New Mexico state. But, salaries for paramedics can vary. In 2010, paramedics made as little as less than $16,600 per year or as much as more than $50,780 per year in New Mexico. On average a paramedic earns the most in the following New Mexico counties:
- Santa Fe County - $38,280 per year
- Bernalillo County - $33,560 per year
- Cibola County - $31,950 per year
The New Mexico counties with the lowest average salary for paramedics are:
- Dona Ana County - $19,890 per year
- Catron County - $26,520 per year
- Chaves County - $30,320 per year
For more data regarding a career in paramedic training in New Mexico and to compare salaries with various related fields such as paramedic or emergency management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in New Mexico
- Bachelor's Degree in Paramedic Training in New Mexico
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in New Mexico
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New Mexico
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||1,340||$30,230||41.1%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||130||$20,820||-59.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in New Mexico