There are schools offering acting classes in New York!
Schools Offering Acting Programs in New York
Columbia University in the City of New York, which was ranked 3rd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a acting program. It is located in New York. In 2010, 60 students graduated from Columbia University in the City of New York's acting program. Tuition at Columbia University in the City of New York was $43,304 per year.
The second-ranked school in New York with a acting program is New York University, which is located in New York. In 2010, it was ranked 9th nationwide. In 2010, 498 students graduated from New York University acting program. Tuition at New York University was $40,082 per year.
The third-ranked school in New York that has a acting program is Vassar College. Vassar College, which was ranked 16th in the country in 2010, is located in Poughkeepsie. In 2010, Vassar College graduated 16 students from its acting programs. Tuition at Vassar College was $43,190 per year.
Acting schools in New York, charge students an average tuition of $19,375 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $43,564 per year, or as little as $3,529 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at New York acting schools were charged at the following schools:
- Sarah Lawrence College - located in Bronxville, students are charged $43,564 per year
- Columbia University in the City of New York - located in New York, students are charged $43,304 per year
- Vassar College - located in Poughkeepsie, students are charged $43,190 per year
The following New York acting schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Monroe Community College - located in Rochester, students are charged $3,529 per year
- Schenectady County Community College - located in Schenectady, students are charged $3,533 per year
- Genesee Community College - located in Batavia, students are charged $3,720 per year
An acting degree from a New York school... what next?
A large number of New York acting graduates become actors. 7,140 actors were working in New York in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of New York actors:
- Bergen County - 5,710 actors
- Nassau County - 270 actors
- Erie County - 90 actors
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of actors is expected to grow by 4% by 2018. There are projected to be 9,270 actors working in the New York then.
An actor in New York earns $0 per year on average.
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New York statistics regarding a career in acting and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as art or acting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Acting in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Acting in New York
- Master's Degree in Acting in New York
- Doctoral Degree in Acting in New York
- Certificate in Acting in New York
Curious what studying Acting gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Producers and Directors||15,670||$111,930||50.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are acting related jobs in New York