There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in New York!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in New York
Around 0.2% of New York's graduates graduate from administrative assisting certificate programs every year. Thus, New York's 72 administrative assistant schools put out approximately 990 administrative assistants each year.
The top-ranked school in New York that has a administrative assistant program is Fordham University. Fordham University, which was ranked 22nd in the country in 2010, is located in Bronx. In 2010, no students graduated from Fordham University's administrative assistant program. The tuition rate at Fordham University was $38,602 per year.
Rochester Institute of Technology, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Rochester. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology administrative assistant program. Rochester Institute of Technology charged in-state students $30,717 in tuition fees per year.
Concordia College-New York, which is located in Bronxville, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 52nd in the country in 2010. The tuition rate at Concordia College-New York was $25,570 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of New York's administrative assistant schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $9,305 per year, though tuition can range from $38,602 per year to $3,468 per year. In 2010, the administrative assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New York were:
- Fordham University - located in Bronx, students are charged $38,602 per year
- Pace University-New York - located in New York, students are charged $33,702 per year
- Rochester Institute of Technology - located in Rochester, students are charged $30,717 per year
The following New York administrative assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College - located in New York, students are charged $3,468 per year
- CUNY Queensborough Community College - located in Oakland Gardens, students are charged $3,490 per year
- CUNY LaGuardia Community College - located in Long Island City, students are charged $3,492 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a New York school... what next?
The highest percentage of administrative assistant graduates in New York pursue careers as an administrative assistant. If you decide to work as an administrative assistant in New York, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 107,290 New York administrative assistants as of 2010. In New York, the largest numbers of administrative assistants work in the following counties:
- Bergen County - 71,950 administrative assistants
- Nassau County - 14,010 administrative assistants
- Albany County - 5,450 administrative assistants
The government projects that the number of administrative assistants in New York will grow by 1%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 142,510 administrative assistants working in New York.
On average, an administrative assistant earns a salary of $55,130 per year in New York state. However, this number is only an average. administrative assistants in New York had varying salaries from $22,030 to $75,620 per year in 2010. The following counties in New York have the highest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Bergen County - $58,580 per year
- Nassau County - $55,050 per year
- Albany County - $49,120 per year
The following counties in New York have the lowest average salaries for administrative assistants:
- Chemung County - $40,350 per year
- Warren County - $41,180 per year
- Allegany County - $41,490 per year
For more data regarding a career in administrative assisting in New York and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Administrative Assisting in New York
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in New York
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Office Clerks, General||192,530||$28,660||-8.6%|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||176,200||$34,780||4.5%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||107,290||$55,130||-20.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in New York