There are schools offering audio engineering programs in New York!
Schools Offering Audio Engineering Programs in New York
The top-ranked school in New York that has a audio engineering program is New York University. New York University, which was ranked 9th in the country in 2010, is located in New York. In 2010, New York University graduated 3 students from its audio engineering program. Students at New York University paid $40,082 per year in tuition fees.
Syracuse University, which was ranked 22nd nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a audio engineering program. It is located in Syracuse. 9 students graduated with degree in audio engineering from Syracuse University in 2010. Tuition at Syracuse University was $36,302 per year.
The third-ranked school in New York that has a audio engineering program is Ithaca College. Ithaca College, which was ranked 28th in the country in 2010, is located in Ithaca. 3 students graduated with degree in audio engineering from Ithaca College in 2010. Ithaca College charged in-state students $33,630 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a New York audio engineering school, average tuition will be $12,914 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,468 per year to $40,082 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at New York audio engineering schools were charged at the following schools:
- New York University - located in New York, students are charged $40,082 per year
- Syracuse University - located in Syracuse, students are charged $36,302 per year
- Ithaca College - located in Ithaca, students are charged $33,630 per year
The audio engineering schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New York were:
- CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College - located in New York, students are charged $3,468 per year
- CUNY LaGuardia Community College - located in Long Island City, students are charged $3,492 per year
- CUNY Kingsborough Community College - located in Brooklyn, students are charged $3,500 per year
An audio engineering degree from a New York school... what next?
The highest percentage of audio engineering graduates in New York pursue careers as an audio engineer. New York had 3,560 audio engineers in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of New York audio engineers:
- Bergen County - 3,000 audio engineers
- Nassau County - 110 audio engineers
- Erie County - 70 audio engineers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,630 audio engineers will be working in New York state. This would require the number of audio engineers to shrink by -7%.
An audio engineer in New York earns $60,000 per year on average. But, salaries for audio engineers can vary. In 2010, audio engineers made as little as less than $19,560 per year or as much as more than $111,660 per year in New York. The counties in New York with the highest average salary for an audio engineer are:
- Nassau County - $66,160 per year
- Bergen County - $60,140 per year
- Livingston County - $49,930 per year
The following counties in New York have the lowest average salaries for audio engineers:
- Albany County - $41,800 per year
- Erie County - $49,620 per year
- Livingston County - $49,930 per year
For more data regarding a career in audio engineering in New York and to compare salaries with various related fields such as audio engineering or audio production, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Audio Engineering in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Audio Engineering in New York
- Master's Degree in Audio Engineering in New York
- Certificate in Audio Engineering in New York
Curious what studying Audio Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||6,040||$55,380||61.9%|
|Sound Engineering Technicians||3,560||$60,000||17.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are audio engineering related jobs in New York