There are schools offering audio production programs in New York!
Schools Offering Audio Production Programs in New York
New York University, which was ranked 9th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a audio production program. It is located in New York. In 2010, no students graduated from New York University's audio production program. Tuition at New York University was $40,082 per year.
The second-ranked school in New York with a audio production program is Syracuse University, which is located in Syracuse. In 2010, it was ranked 22nd nationwide. In 2010, Syracuse University graduated 210 students from its audio production program. Tuition at Syracuse University was $36,302 per year.
Marist College, which was ranked 22nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a audio production program. It is located in Poughkeepsie. In 2010, Marist College graduated 41 students from its audio production programs. Marist College charged in-state students $27,740 in tuition fees per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of New York's audio production schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $17,360 per year, though tuition can range from $40,082 per year to $3,492 per year. In 2010, the following New York audio production schools had the highest tuition rates:
- New York University - located in New York, students are charged $40,082 per year
- Syracuse University - located in Syracuse, students are charged $36,302 per year
- Ithaca College - located in Ithaca, students are charged $33,630 per year
The lowest tuition rates at New York audio production schools were charged at the following schools:
- CUNY LaGuardia Community College - located in Long Island City, students are charged $3,492 per year
- Niagara County Community College - located in Sanborn, students are charged $3,800 per year
- Jamestown Community College - located in Jamestown, students are charged $4,230 per year
An audio production degree from a New York school... what next?
Most people who graduate from audio production school in New York go on to work as an audio producer. If you decide to work as an audio producer in New York, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 6,040 New York audio producers as of 2010. The New York counties with the largest populations of audio producers are:
- Bergen County - 5,030 audio producers
- Nassau County - 480 audio producers
- Erie County - 180 audio producers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of audio producers is expected to grow by 3% by 2018. There are projected to be 6,610 audio producers working in the New York then.
An audio producer in New York makes an average of $55,380 per year. In 2010, however, some New York audio producers earned as little as less than $21,180 per year or as much as more than $88,320 per year. On average an audio producer earns the most in the following New York counties:
- Bergen County - $57,900 per year
- Dutchess County - $57,020 per year
- Albany County - $49,710 per year
The following counties in New York have the lowest average salaries for audio producers:
- Livingston County - $37,640 per year
- Madison County - $38,690 per year
- Allegany County - $38,820 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New York statistics regarding a career in audio production and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as audio production or music production.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Audio Production in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Audio Production in New York
- Master's Degree in Audio Production in New York
- Certificate in Audio Production in New York
Curious what studying Audio Production gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||6,040||$55,380||61.9%|
|Sound Engineering Technicians||3,560||$60,000||17.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are audio production related jobs in New York