There are schools offering bookkeeping courses in New York!
Schools Offering Bookkeeping Programs in New York
The top-ranked school in New York that has a bookkeeping program is Rochester Institute of Technology. Rochester Institute of Technology, which was ranked 27th in the country in 2010, is located in Rochester. In 2010, Rochester Institute of Technology graduated 10 students from its bookkeeping program. Rochester Institute of Technology charged in-state students $30,717 in tuition fees per year.
SUNY College of Technology at Alfred, which was ranked 44th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a bookkeeping program. It is located in Alfred. In 2010, 6 students graduated from SUNY College of Technology at Alfred bookkeeping program. The tuition rate at SUNY College of Technology at Alfred was $6,218 per year.
Farmingdale State College, which is located in Farmingdale, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a bookkeeping program. It received a ranking of 48th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Farmingdale State College graduated 0 students from its bookkeeping programs. The tuition rate at Farmingdale State College was $6,093 per year.
Bookkeeping schools in New York, charge students an average tuition of $7,980 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $33,702 per year, or as little as $3,320 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at New York bookkeeping schools were charged at the following schools:
- Pace University-New York - located in New York, students are charged $33,702 per year
- Rochester Institute of Technology - located in Rochester, students are charged $30,717 per year
- Canisius College - located in Buffalo, students are charged $30,077 per year
The bookkeeping schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New York were:
- Dutchess Community College - located in Poughkeepsie, students are charged $3,320 per year
- CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College - located in New York, students are charged $3,468 per year
- CUNY Queensborough Community College - located in Oakland Gardens, students are charged $3,490 per year
A bookkeeping certificate from a New York school... what next?
The highest percentage of bookkeeping graduates in New York pursue careers as a bookkeeping clerk. In 2010, there were 122,970 bookkeeping clerks working in New York. The following counties have the largest number of New York bookkeeping clerks:
- Bergen County - 66,090 bookkeeping clerks
- Nassau County - 21,770 bookkeeping clerks
- Erie County - 8,120 bookkeeping clerks
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 144,560 bookkeeping clerks will be working in New York state. This would require the number of bookkeeping clerks to shrink by 0%.
A bookkeeping clerk in New York makes an average of $39,200 per year. In 2010, however, some New York bookkeeping clerks earned as little as less than $19,130 per year or as much as more than $60,210 per year. The following counties in New York have the highest average salaries for bookkeeping clerks:
- Bergen County - $42,030 per year
- Nassau County - $41,270 per year
- Albany County - $37,060 per year
A bookkeeping clerk in the following counties in New York make the lowest salaries on average:
- Warren County - $31,670 per year
- Clinton County - $31,920 per year
- Columbia County - $32,160 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New York statistics regarding a career in bookkeeping. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as small business or finance.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Bookkeeping in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Bookkeeping in New York
- Master's Degree in Bookkeeping in New York
- Certificate in Bookkeeping in New York
Curious what studying Bookkeeping gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Auditing Clerks||122,970||$39,200||-0.9%|
|Billing and Posting Clerks||32,630||$36,180||3.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are bookkeeping related jobs in New York