There are schools offering business administration degrees in New York!
Schools Offering Business Administration Programs in New York
Each year, roughly 3.8% of New York students graduate with degrees in business administration. That means an estimated 20,971 general managers graduate from New York's 160 business administration schools each year.
Columbia University in the City of New York, which was ranked 3rd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a business administration program. It is located in New York. 42 students graduated with a degree in business administration from Columbia University in the City of New York in 2010. Columbia University in the City of New York charged in-state students $43,304 in tuition fees per year.
New York University, which is located in New York, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a business administration program. It received a ranking of 9th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 6 students graduated from New York University business administration program. Tuition at New York University was $40,082 per year.
United States Military Academy, which is located in West Point, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a business administration program. It received a ranking of 19th in the country in 2010. In 2010, United States Military Academy graduated 66 students from its business administration programs. Students at United States Military Academy paid $0 per year in tuition fees.
If you choose to attend a New York business administration school, average tuition will be $14,855 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,320 per year to $43,304 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at New York business administration schools were charged at the following schools:
- Columbia University in the City of New York - located in New York, students are charged $43,304 per year
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - located in Troy, students are charged $40,680 per year
- University of Rochester - located in Rochester, students are charged $40,282 per year
The business administration schools in New York that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Dutchess Community College - located in Poughkeepsie, students are charged $3,320 per year
- CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College - located in New York, students are charged $3,468 per year
- CUNY Queensborough Community College - located in Oakland Gardens, students are charged $3,490 per year
A business administration degree from a New York school... what next?
A large number of New York business administration graduates become general managers. If you decide to work as a general manager in New York, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 97,640 New York general managers as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of New York general managers:
- Bergen County - 61,960 general managers
- Nassau County - 14,650 general managers
- Erie County - 5,790 general managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 90,530 general managers will be working in New York state. This would require the number of general managers to shrink by -10%.
A general manager in New York earns $137,660 per year on average. But, salaries for general managers can vary. In 2010, general managers made as little as less than $45,690 per year or as much as more than $164,740 per year in New York. On average a general manager earns the most in the following New York counties:
- Bergen County - $159,210 per year
- Nassau County - $133,890 per year
- Livingston County - $117,720 per year
The New York counties with the lowest average salary for general managers are:
- Clinton County - $87,660 per year
- Columbia County - $89,070 per year
- Chemung County - $90,480 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New York statistics regarding a career in business administration and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as project management or administrative assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business Administration in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration in New York
- Master's Degree in Business Administration in New York
- Doctoral Degree in Business Administration in New York
- Certificate in Business Administration in New York
Curious what studying Business Administration gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||97,640||$137,660||15.2%|
|Administrative Services Managers||17,170||$107,920||-5.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business administration related jobs in New York