There are schools offering business degrees in New York!
Schools Offering Business Programs in New York
The top-ranked school in New York that has a business program is Columbia University in the City of New York. Columbia University in the City of New York, which was ranked 3rd in the country in 2010, is located in New York. 131 students graduated with a degree in business from Columbia University in the City of New York in 2010. Tuition at Columbia University in the City of New York was $43,304 per year.
The second-ranked school in New York with a business program is New York University, which is located in New York. In 2010, it was ranked 9th nationwide. In 2010, 935 students graduated from New York University business program. Students at New York University paid $40,082 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in New York with a business program is United States Military Academy, which is located in West Point. In 2010, it was ranked 19th nationwide. In 2010, United States Military Academy graduated 80 students from its business programs. The tuition rate at United States Military Academy was $0 per year.
If you choose to attend a New York business school, average tuition will be $14,880 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,320 per year to $43,304 per year. In 2010, the following New York business schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Columbia University in the City of New York - located in New York, students are charged $43,304 per year
- Bard College - located in Annandale On Hudson, students are charged $41,670 per year
- Skidmore College - located in Saratoga Springs, students are charged $41,184 per year
The business schools in New York that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Dutchess Community College - located in Poughkeepsie, students are charged $3,320 per year
- CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College - located in New York, students are charged $3,468 per year
- CUNY Queensborough Community College - located in Oakland Gardens, students are charged $3,490 per year
A business degree from a New York school... what next?
business graduates in New York can go into a variety of professions such as chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. In 2010, there were 415,670 business professional working in New York, including 35,380 business analysts, 19,230 chief executive officers, and 97,640 operations managers. The New York counties with the largest populations of business professional are:
- Bergen County - 292,910 business professionals
- Nassau County - 50,740 business professionals
- Erie County - 19,350 business professionals
The government projects that the number of business professionals in New York will grow by 1%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 477,090 business professionals working in New York. The greatest growth for business professional is predicted to be amongst Financial Examiners, who are expected to increase by 24% by 2018.
On average, business professionals earn $106,553 per year. But, salaries for business professional can vary. In 2010, business professional made as little as less than $25,030 per year or as much as more than $165,900 per year in New York. The following counties in New York have the highest average salaries for business professionals:
- Bergen County - $115,548 per year
- Dutchess County - $97,458 per year
- Nassau County - $96,948 per year
The New York counties with the lowest average salary for business professionals are:
- Cayuga County - $72,616 per year
- Clinton County - $75,073 per year
- Allegany County - $78,382 per year
The business professionals with highest average salaries in New York were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $191,180 per year
- Financial Manager - $155,600 per year
- Operations Manager - $137,660 per year
On average, the lowest paid business professionals in New York were:
- Budget Analyst - $66,690 per year
- Credit Counselor - $48,900 per year
For more data regarding a career in business in New York and to compare salaries with various related fields such as business administration or advertising, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in New York
- Master's Degree in Business in New York
- Doctoral Degree in Business in New York
- Certificate in Business in New York
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||97,640||$137,660||15.2%|
|Accountants and Auditors||91,630||$85,230||3.8%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||23,500||$136,310||42.2%|
|Administrative Services Managers||17,170||$107,920||-5.5%|
|Human Resources Managers||6,310||$112,130|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||5,030||$100,070||60.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in New York