There are schools offering computer engineering degrees in New York!
Schools Offering Computer Engineering Programs in New York
Each year, roughly 0.1% of New York students graduate with degrees in computer engineering. That means an estimated 572 computer engineers graduate from New York's 25 computer engineering schools each year.
Columbia University in the City of New York, which was ranked 3rd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a computer engineering program. It is located in New York. 28 students graduated with a degree in computer engineering from Columbia University in the City of New York in 2010. Tuition at Columbia University in the City of New York was $43,304 per year.
Syracuse University, which is located in Syracuse, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a computer engineering program. It received a ranking of 22nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Syracuse University graduated 84 students from its computer engineering program. Tuition at Syracuse University was $36,302 per year.
The third-ranked school in New York with a computer engineering program is Stony Brook University, which is located in Stony Brook. In 2010, it was ranked 23rd nationwide. In 2010, 21 students graduated from Stony Brook University computer engineering program. The tuition rate at Stony Brook University was $6,580 per year.
If you choose to attend a New York computer engineering school, average tuition will be $15,260 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,490 per year to $43,304 per year. In 2010, the computer engineering schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New York were:
- Columbia University in the City of New York - located in New York, students are charged $43,304 per year
- Syracuse University - located in Syracuse, students are charged $36,302 per year
- Polytechnic Institute of New York University - located in Brooklyn, students are charged $36,284 per year
The computer engineering schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New York were:
- CUNY Queensborough Community College - located in Oakland Gardens, students are charged $3,490 per year
- Monroe Community College - located in Rochester, students are charged $3,529 per year
- Fulton-Montgomery Community College - located in Johnstown, students are charged $3,738 per year
A computer engineering degree from a New York school... what next?
The highest percentage of computer engineering graduates in New York pursue careers as a computer engineer. In 2010, there were 3,320 computer engineers working in New York. In New York, the largest numbers of computer engineers work in the following counties:
- Bergen County - 1,190 computer engineers
- Nassau County - 710 computer engineers
- Livingston County - 300 computer engineers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of computer engineers in the state of New York will shrink to 3,860. This would require a -9% decline in the profession.
A computer engineer in New York makes an average of $115,240 per year. But, salaries for computer engineers can vary. In 2010, computer engineers made as little as less than $63,100 per year or as much as more than $143,630 per year in New York. The following counties in New York have the highest average salaries for computer engineers:
- Nassau County - $124,090 per year
- Albany County - $107,140 per year
- Hamilton County - $102,120 per year
The New York counties with the lowest average salary for computer engineers are:
- Madison County - $90,590 per year
- Livingston County - $97,630 per year
- Hamilton County - $102,120 per year
For more data regarding a career in computer engineering in New York and to compare salaries with various related fields such as software engineering or electrical engineering, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Engineering in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering in New York
- Master's Degree in Computer Engineering in New York
- Doctoral Degree in Computer Engineering in New York
- Certificate in Computer Engineering in New York
Curious what studying Computer Engineering gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Computer Hardware Engineers||3,320||$115,240||-32.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer engineering related jobs in New York