There are schools offering computer networking courses in New York!
Schools Offering Computer Networking Programs in New York
Each year, approximately 0.2% of New York graduates receive degrees in computer networking. Thus, New York's 26 computer networking schools put out approximately 900 computer network administrators each year.
The top-ranked school in New York that has a computer networking program is New York University. New York University, which was ranked 9th in the country in 2010, is located in New York. In 2010, no students graduated from New York University's computer networking program. The tuition rate at New York University was $40,082 per year.
Syracuse University, which is located in Syracuse, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a computer networking program. It received a ranking of 22nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Syracuse University graduated 21 students from its computer networking program. Syracuse University charged in-state students $36,302 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in New York with a computer networking program is Rochester Institute of Technology, which is located in Rochester. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. 75 students graduated with degree in computer networking from Rochester Institute of Technology in 2010. Tuition at Rochester Institute of Technology was $30,717 per year.
Computer networking schools in New York, charge students an average tuition of $15,594 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $40,082 per year, or as little as $3,490 per year. In 2010, the computer networking schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New York were:
- New York University - located in New York, students are charged $40,082 per year
- Syracuse University - located in Syracuse, students are charged $36,302 per year
- Polytechnic Institute of New York University - located in Brooklyn, students are charged $36,284 per year
The computer networking schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New York were:
- CUNY Queensborough Community College - located in Oakland Gardens, students are charged $3,490 per year
- CUNY LaGuardia Community College - located in Long Island City, students are charged $3,492 per year
- Schenectady County Community College - located in Schenectady, students are charged $3,533 per year
A computer networking degree from a New York school... what next?
Most people who graduate from computer networking school in New York go on to work as a computer network administrator. 19,170 computer network administrators were working in New York in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of New York computer network administrators:
- Bergen County - 13,180 computer network administrators
- Nassau County - 2,150 computer network administrators
- Albany County - 1,390 computer network administrators
The government projects that by 2018, the number of computer network administrators in the state of New York will grow to 20,500. This would require a 5% growth in the profession.
A computer network administrator in New York makes an average of $79,770 per year. On average a computer network administrator earns the most in the following New York counties:
- Bergen County - $86,990 per year
- Ulster County - $75,760 per year
- Nassau County - $74,480 per year
On average, computer network administrators earns the least in the following New York counties:
- Chemung County - $52,700 per year
- Broome County - $54,050 per year
- Hamilton County - $56,090 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New York statistics regarding a career in computer networking and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer science or computer networking.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Networking in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Networking in New York
- Master's Degree in Computer Networking in New York
- Certificate in Computer Networking in New York
Curious what studying Computer Networking gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Network and computer systems administrators||18,560||$78,960|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer networking related jobs in New York