There are schools offering computer programming courses in New York!
Schools Offering Computer Programming Programs in New York
Each year, approximately 0.0% of New York graduates receive degrees in computer programming. That means an estimated 139 computer programmers graduate from New York's 17 computer programming schools each year.
Marist College, which was ranked 26th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a computer programming program. It is located in Poughkeepsie. 1 students graduated with a degree in computer programming from Marist College in 2010. Marist College charged in-state students $27,740 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in New York that has a computer programming program is Wood Tobe-Coburn School. Wood Tobe-Coburn School, which was ranked 69th in the country in 2010, is located in New York. In 2010, 15 students graduated from Wood Tobe-Coburn School computer programming program. Tuition at Wood Tobe-Coburn School was $16,440 per year.
Pace University-New York, which is located in New York, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a computer programming program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Pace University-New York graduated 0 students from its computer programming programs. Pace University-New York charged in-state students $33,702 in tuition fees per year.
If you choose to attend a New York computer programming school, average tuition will be $13,265 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,320 per year to $33,702 per year. The New York computer programming schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Pace University-New York - located in New York, students are charged $33,702 per year
- Marist College - located in Poughkeepsie, students are charged $27,740 per year
- The College of Saint Rose - located in Albany, students are charged $24,138 per year
The computer programming schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New York were:
- Dutchess Community College - located in Poughkeepsie, students are charged $3,320 per year
- CUNY LaGuardia Community College - located in Long Island City, students are charged $3,492 per year
- Schenectady County Community College - located in Schenectady, students are charged $3,533 per year
A computer programming degree from a New York school... what next?
A large number of New York computer programming graduates become computer programmers. In 2010, there were 31,110 computer programmers working in New York. The New York counties with the largest populations of computer programmers are:
- Bergen County - 21,550 computer programmers
- Nassau County - 3,770 computer programmers
- Albany County - 3,220 computer programmers
The government projects that the number of computer programmers in New York will shrink by -17%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 33,570 computer programmers working in New York.
A computer programmer in New York earns $78,680 per year on average. The counties in New York with the highest average salary for a computer programmer are:
- Dutchess County - $115,680 per year
- Bergen County - $81,730 per year
- Nassau County - $76,830 per year
The following counties in New York have the lowest average salaries for computer programmers:
- Clinton County - $46,940 per year
- Warren County - $52,360 per year
- Allegany County - $56,410 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New York statistics regarding a career in computer programming and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer programming or computer science.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Computer Programming in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Programming in New York
- Certificate in Computer Programming in New York
Curious what studying Computer Programming gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Network and computer systems administrators||18,560||$78,960|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are computer programming related jobs in New York