There are schools offering crime scene investigation programs in New York!
Schools Offering Crime Scene Investigation Programs in New York
Each year, approximately 0.0% of New York graduates receive degrees in crime scene investigation. That means an estimated 145 crime scene investigators graduate from New York's 10 crime scene investigation schools each year.
The top-ranked school in New York with a crime scene investigation program is Long Island University-C W Post Campus, which is located in Greenvale. In 2010, it was ranked 44th nationwide. 7 students graduated with a degree in crime scene investigation from Long Island University-C W Post Campus in 2010. The tuition rate at Long Island University-C W Post Campus was $30,210 per year.
Hofstra University, which is located in Hempstead, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a crime scene investigation program. It received a ranking of 69th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Hofstra University crime scene investigation program. Students at Hofstra University paid $31,800 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in New York with a crime scene investigation program is Pace University-New York, which is located in New York. In 2010, it was ranked 69th nationwide. In 2010, Pace University-New York graduated 18 students from its crime scene investigation programs. Tuition at Pace University-New York was $33,702 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of New York's crime scene investigation schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $15,948 per year, though tuition can range from $33,702 per year to $3,690 per year. In 2010, the crime scene investigation schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New York were:
- Pace University-New York - located in New York, students are charged $33,702 per year
- Hofstra University - located in Hempstead, students are charged $31,800 per year
- Long Island University-C W Post Campus - located in Greenvale, students are charged $30,210 per year
The crime scene investigation schools in New York that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Erie Community College - located in Buffalo, students are charged $3,690 per year
- Herkimer County Community College - located in Herkimer, students are charged $3,920 per year
- Hudson Valley Community College - located in Troy, students are charged $4,150 per year
A crime scene investigation degree from a New York school... what next?
A large number of New York crime scene investigation graduates become crime scene investigators. New York had 9,150 crime scene investigators in 2010. In New York, the largest numbers of crime scene investigators work in the following counties:
- Albany County - 1,390 crime scene investigators
- Erie County - 680 crime scene investigators
- Clinton County - 280 crime scene investigators
The government projects that the number of crime scene investigators in New York will grow by 4%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 10,230 crime scene investigators working in New York.
A crime scene investigator in New York makes an average of $74,150 per year. But, salaries for crime scene investigators can vary. In 2010, crime scene investigators made as little as less than $27,580 per year or as much as more than $125,060 per year in New York. The following counties in New York have the highest average salaries for crime scene investigators:
- Madison County - $80,200 per year
- Dutchess County - $76,020 per year
- Erie County - $75,390 per year
The following counties in New York have the lowest average salaries for crime scene investigators:
- Cayuga County - $46,400 per year
- Ulster County - $57,100 per year
- Allegany County - $63,240 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New York statistics regarding a career in crime scene investigation and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as forensic science or crime scene investigation.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Crime Scene Investigation in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Crime Scene Investigation in New York
- Master's Degree in Crime Scene Investigation in New York
- Certificate in Crime Scene Investigation in New York
Curious what studying Crime Scene Investigation gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Detectives and Criminal Investigators||9,150||$74,150||18.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are crime scene investigation related jobs in New York