There are schools offering educational leadership programs in New York!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in New York
Each year, roughly 0.3% of New York students graduate with degrees in educational leadership. Thus, New York's 59 educational leadership schools put out approximately 1,631 educational leadership professonals each year.
Columbia University in the City of New York, which was ranked 3rd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a educational leadership program. It is located in New York. 1 students graduated with a degree in educational leadership from Columbia University in the City of New York in 2010. The tuition rate at Columbia University in the City of New York was $43,304 per year.
The second-ranked school in New York that has a educational leadership program is New York University. New York University, which was ranked 9th in the country in 2010, is located in New York. In 2010, New York University graduated 18 students from its educational leadership program. New York University charged in-state students $40,082 in tuition fees per year.
University of Rochester, which is located in Rochester, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a educational leadership program. It received a ranking of 21st in the country in 2010. 50 students graduated with degree in educational leadership from University of Rochester in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Rochester was $40,282 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of New York's educational leadership schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $18,883 per year, though tuition can range from $43,304 per year to $4,830 per year. In 2010, the educational leadership schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New York were:
- Columbia University in the City of New York - located in New York, students are charged $43,304 per year
- St Lawrence University - located in Canton, students are charged $41,155 per year
- University of Rochester - located in Rochester, students are charged $40,282 per year
The lowest tuition rates at New York educational leadership schools were charged at the following schools:
- CUNY Graduate School and University Center - located in New York, students are charged $4,830 per year
- CUNY City College - located in New York, students are charged $4,929 per year
- CUNY Lehman College - located in Bronx, students are charged $4,940 per year
An educational leadership degree from a New York school... what next?
Many New York educational leadership graduates become a preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator. If you decide to work as an educational leadership professonal in New York, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 28,770 New York educational leadership professonal as of 2010. This number includes 15,350 middle school principals, 3,910 preschool directors, and 7,490 deans. In New York, the largest numbers of educational leadership professonal work in the following counties:
- Bergen County - 17,730 educational leadership professonals
- Nassau County - 3,460 educational leadership professonals
- Livingston County - 1,590 educational leadership professonals
The government projects that the number of educational leadership professonals in New York will grow by 3%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 30,860 educational leadership professonals working in New York. The greatest growth for educational leadership professonal is predicted to be amongst Distance Learning Coordinators, who are expected to increase by 14% by 2018.
educational leadership professonals in New York earn $97,450 per year on average. But, salaries for educational leadership professonal can vary. In 2010, educational leadership professonal made as little as less than $28,060 per year or as much as more than $152,570 per year in New York. The counties in New York with the highest average salary for educational leadership professonals are:
- Nassau County - $105,715 per year
- Bergen County - $101,900 per year
- Ulster County - $96,680 per year
Educational leadership professonals in the following counties in New York make the lowest salaries on average:
- Allegany County - $71,623 per year
- Hamilton County - $73,843 per year
- Clinton County - $76,340 per year
The educational leadership professonals with highest average salaries in New York were:
- Middle School Principal - $118,490 per year
- Dean - $106,990 per year
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $96,920 per year
The educational leadership professonals with lowest average salaries in New York were:
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $96,920 per year
- Preschool Director - $67,400 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New York statistics regarding a career in educational leadership. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as educational leadership or special education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Educational Leadership in New York
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in New York
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in New York
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||15,350||$118,490||0.8%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||7,490||$106,990||5.5%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||3,910||$67,400||49.8%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||2,020||$96,920||6.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in New York