There are schools offering elementary education degrees in New York!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in New York
Approximately 1.0% of graduates in of New York receive elementary education degrees every year. Thus, New York's 87 elementary education schools put out approximately 5,460 elementary educators each year.
The top-ranked school in New York with a elementary education program is New York University, which is located in New York. In 2010, it was ranked 9th nationwide. 83 students graduated with a degree in elementary education from New York University in 2010. New York University charged in-state students $40,082 in tuition fees per year.
Syracuse University, which is located in Syracuse, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a elementary education program. It received a ranking of 22nd in the country in 2010. 5 students graduated with degree in elementary education from Syracuse University in 2010. Tuition at Syracuse University was $36,302 per year.
Fordham University, which is located in Bronx, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a elementary education program. It received a ranking of 22nd in the country in 2010. 46 students graduated with degree in elementary education from Fordham University in 2010. Fordham University charged in-state students $38,602 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at New York's elementary education schools ranges from $43,564 per year to $3,320 per year. But, the average tuition is $17,497 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at New York elementary education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Sarah Lawrence College - located in Bronxville, students are charged $43,564 per year
- Hobart William Smith Colleges - located in Geneva, students are charged $41,710 per year
- Skidmore College - located in Saratoga Springs, students are charged $41,184 per year
The following New York elementary education schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Dutchess Community College - located in Poughkeepsie, students are charged $3,320 per year
- Monroe Community College - located in Rochester, students are charged $3,529 per year
- Finger Lakes Community College - located in Canandaigua, students are charged $3,738 per year
An elementary education degree from a New York school... what next?
Most people who graduate from elementary education school in New York go on to work as an elementary educator. If you decide to work as an elementary educator in New York, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 89,850 New York elementary educators as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of New York elementary educators:
- Bergen County - 51,640 elementary educators
- Nassau County - 14,580 elementary educators
- Erie County - 6,390 elementary educators
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of elementary educators is expected to grow by 10% by 2018. There are projected to be 111,910 elementary educators working in the New York then.
On average, elementary educators earn $67,940 per year. In 2010, however, some New York elementary educators earned as little as less than $28,420 per year or as much as more than $120,690 per year. An elementary educator in the following New York counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Nassau County - $86,440 per year
- Ulster County - $72,460 per year
- Bergen County - $69,040 per year
On average, elementary educators earns the least in the following New York counties:
- Allegany County - $51,030 per year
- Clinton County - $54,060 per year
- Hamilton County - $54,190 per year
For more data regarding a career in elementary education in New York and to compare salaries with various related fields such as ESL or early childhood education, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Elementary Education in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in New York
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in New York
- Doctoral Degree in Elementary Education in New York
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||89,850||$67,940||-3.9%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||24,680||$66,850||28.5%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||15,350||$118,490||0.8%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||10,970||$70,180||-21.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in New York