There are schools offering ESL classes in New York!
Schools Offering Esl Programs in New York
The top-ranked school in New York with a ESL program is New York University, which is located in New York. In 2010, it was ranked 9th nationwide. In 2010, 94 students graduated from New York University's ESL program. Students at New York University paid $40,082 per year in tuition fees.
University of Rochester, which is located in Rochester, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a ESL program. It received a ranking of 21st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 3 students graduated from University of Rochester ESL program. The tuition rate at University of Rochester was $40,282 per year.
The third-ranked school in New York with a ESL program is Fordham University, which is located in Bronx. In 2010, it was ranked 22nd nationwide. In 2010, Fordham University graduated 19 students from its ESL programs. The tuition rate at Fordham University was $38,602 per year.
If you choose to attend a New York ESL school, average tuition will be $19,678 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $4,929 per year to $40,282 per year. In 2010, the following New York ESL schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of Rochester - located in Rochester, students are charged $40,282 per year
- New York University - located in New York, students are charged $40,082 per year
- Fordham University - located in Bronx, students are charged $38,602 per year
The ESL schools in New York that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- CUNY City College - located in New York, students are charged $4,929 per year
- CUNY Lehman College - located in Bronx, students are charged $4,940 per year
- CUNY Hunter College - located in New York, students are charged $4,999 per year
An ESL degree from a New York school... what next?
Most people who graduate from ESL school in New York go on to work as an english language teacher. New York had 5,260 english language teachers in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of New York english language teachers:
- Bergen County - 3,070 english language teachers
- Nassau County - 600 english language teachers
- Erie County - 310 english language teachers
An english language teacher in New York earns $92,170 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. english language teachers in New York had varying salaries from $29,950 to $142,170 per year in 2010. An english language teacher in the following New York counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bergen County - $106,100 per year
- Livingston County - $94,570 per year
- Albany County - $86,080 per year
The New York counties with the lowest average salary for english language teachers are:
- Cayuga County - $48,880 per year
- Madison County - $52,490 per year
- Allegany County - $54,720 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New York statistics regarding a career in ESL. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as English or education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Esl in New York
- Master's Degree in Esl in New York
- Doctoral Degree in Esl in New York
Curious what studying ESL gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||10,970||$70,180||-21.1%|
|Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors||5,640||$60,030||30.6%|
|English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary||5,260||$92,170||113.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ESL related jobs in New York