There are schools offering fashion merchandising degrees in New York!
Schools Offering Fashion Merchandising Programs in New York
Each year, roughly 0.3% of New York students graduate with degrees in fashion merchandising. In other words, every year an estimated 1,821 fashion merchandisers graduate from New York's 11 fashion merchandising schools.
Marist College, which is located in Poughkeepsie, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a fashion merchandising program. It received a ranking of 26th in the country in 2010. 57 students graduated with a degree in fashion merchandising from Marist College in 2010. The tuition rate at Marist College was $27,740 per year.
The second-ranked school in New York with a fashion merchandising program is The New School, which is located in New York. In 2010, it was ranked 33rd nationwide. In 2010, 168 students graduated from The New School fashion merchandising program. The tuition rate at The New School was $37,610 per year.
Fashion Institute of Technology, which was ranked 33rd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a fashion merchandising program. It is located in New York. In 2010, Fashion Institute of Technology graduated 1,114 students from its fashion merchandising programs. Students at Fashion Institute of Technology paid $4,164 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at New York's fashion merchandising schools ranges from $37,610 per year to $3,720 per year. But, the average tuition is $13,542 per year. In 2010, the following New York fashion merchandising schools had the highest tuition rates:
- The New School - located in New York, students are charged $37,610 per year
- Marist College - located in Poughkeepsie, students are charged $27,740 per year
- LIM College - located in New York, students are charged $21,475 per year
The lowest tuition rates at New York fashion merchandising schools were charged at the following schools:
- Genesee Community College - located in Batavia, students are charged $3,720 per year
- Herkimer County Community College - located in Herkimer, students are charged $3,920 per year
- Nassau Community College - located in Garden City, students are charged $4,037 per year
A fashion merchandising degree from a New York school... what next?
The highest percentage of fashion merchandising graduates in New York pursue careers as a fashion merchandiser. New York had 3,230 fashion merchandisers in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of New York fashion merchandisers:
- Bergen County - 2,230 fashion merchandisers
- Nassau County - 380 fashion merchandisers
- Livingston County - 320 fashion merchandisers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of fashion merchandisers is expected to shrink by -5% by 2018. There are projected to be 3,190 fashion merchandisers working in the New York then.
On average, fashion merchandisers earn $115,350 per year. However, this number is only an average. fashion merchandisers in New York had varying salaries from $56,680 to $163,880 per year in 2010. The counties in New York with the highest average salary for a fashion merchandiser are:
- Bergen County - $131,950 per year
- Nassau County - $123,960 per year
- Dutchess County - $108,720 per year
On average, fashion merchandisers earns the least in the following New York counties:
- Albany County - $87,470 per year
- Allegany County - $95,720 per year
- Hamilton County - $96,080 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New York statistics regarding a career in fashion merchandising. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as fashion or fashion design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Fashion Merchandising in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Fashion Merchandising in New York
Curious what studying Fashion Merchandising gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|First-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers||102,880||$57,970||-2.9%|
|Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products||13,780||$60,940||3.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are fashion merchandising related jobs in New York