There are schools offering graphic design degrees in New York!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in New York
The top-ranked school in New York that has a graphic design program is New York University. New York University, which was ranked 9th in the country in 2010, is located in New York. 7 students graduated with a degree in graphic design from New York University in 2010. New York University charged in-state students $40,082 in tuition fees per year.
Rochester Institute of Technology, which is located in Rochester, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. 109 students graduated with degree in graphic design from Rochester Institute of Technology in 2010. Students at Rochester Institute of Technology paid $30,717 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in New York that has a graphic design program is The New School. The New School, which was ranked 33rd in the country in 2010, is located in New York. In 2010, 67 students graduated from The New School graphic design program. The tuition rate at The New School was $37,610 per year.
If you choose to attend a New York graphic design school, average tuition will be $18,043 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $3,490 per year to $40,082 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at New York graphic design schools were charged at the following schools:
- New York University - located in New York, students are charged $40,082 per year
- The New School - located in New York, students are charged $37,610 per year
- Pratt Institute-Main - located in Brooklyn, students are charged $36,790 per year
The lowest tuition rates at New York graphic design schools were charged at the following schools:
- CUNY Queensborough Community College - located in Oakland Gardens, students are charged $3,490 per year
- CUNY Bronx Community College - located in Bronx, students are charged $3,504 per year
- Monroe Community College - located in Rochester, students are charged $3,529 per year
A graphic design degree from a New York school... what next?
The highest percentage of graphic design graduates in New York pursue careers as a graphic designer. New York had 18,970 graphic designers in 2010. In New York, the largest numbers of graphic designers work in the following counties:
- Bergen County - 15,280 graphic designers
- Nassau County - 1,800 graphic designers
- Livingston County - 790 graphic designers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of graphic designers in the state of New York will grow to 26,420. This would require a 1% growth in the profession.
A graphic designer in New York earns $57,510 per year on average. However, New York graphic designers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $19,860 per year to more than $89,580 per year in 2010. The counties in New York with the highest average salary for a graphic designer are:
- Bergen County - $60,320 per year
- Nassau County - $53,830 per year
- Warren County - $51,270 per year
A graphic designer in the following counties in New York make the lowest salaries on average:
- Broome County - $32,160 per year
- Clinton County - $33,500 per year
- Hamilton County - $33,970 per year
For more data regarding a career in graphic design in New York and to compare salaries with various related fields such as computer animation or graphic design, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in New York
- Master's Degree in Graphic Design in New York
- Certificate in Graphic Design in New York
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in New York