There are schools offering healthcare management degrees in New York!
Schools Offering Healthcare Management Programs in New York
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of New York receive healthcare management degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 477 healthcare managers graduate from New York's 26 healthcare management schools.
Columbia University in the City of New York, which is located in New York, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a healthcare management program. It received a ranking of 3rd in the country in 2010. no students graduated with a degree in healthcare management from Columbia University in the City of New York in 2010. Students at Columbia University in the City of New York paid $43,304 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in New York that has a healthcare management program is New York University. New York University, which was ranked 9th in the country in 2010, is located in New York. 67 students graduated with degree in healthcare management from New York University in 2010. Students at New York University paid $40,082 per year in tuition fees.
University of Rochester, which is located in Rochester, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a healthcare management program. It received a ranking of 21st in the country in 2010. 13 students graduated with degree in healthcare management from University of Rochester in 2010. The tuition rate at University of Rochester was $40,282 per year.
Healthcare management schools in New York, charge students an average tuition of $21,619 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $43,304 per year, or as little as $4,939 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at New York healthcare management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Columbia University in the City of New York - located in New York, students are charged $43,304 per year
- University of Rochester - located in Rochester, students are charged $40,282 per year
- New York University - located in New York, students are charged $40,082 per year
The following New York healthcare management schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- CUNY New York City College of Technology - located in Brooklyn, students are charged $4,939 per year
- CUNY Lehman College - located in Bronx, students are charged $4,940 per year
- CUNY Bernard M Baruch College - located in New York, students are charged $4,970 per year
A healthcare management degree from a New York school... what next?
The highest percentage of healthcare management graduates in New York pursue careers as a healthcare manager. In 2010, there were 27,260 healthcare managers working in New York. The following counties have the largest number of New York healthcare managers:
- Bergen County - 17,070 healthcare managers
- Nassau County - 3,870 healthcare managers
- Albany County - 1,570 healthcare managers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of healthcare managers in the state of New York will grow to 28,660. This would require a 5% growth in the profession.
A healthcare manager in New York makes an average of $108,090 per year. However, New York healthcare managers earned anywhere in the range from as less than $44,510 per year to more than $148,030 per year in 2010. A healthcare manager in the following New York counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Nassau County - $116,510 per year
- Bergen County - $115,160 per year
- Broome County - $103,130 per year
On average, healthcare managers earns the least in the following New York counties:
- Columbia County - $74,290 per year
- Hamilton County - $81,010 per year
- Allegany County - $81,500 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New York statistics regarding a career in healthcare management and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as healthcare management or business management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Healthcare Management in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Management in New York
- Master's Degree in Healthcare Management in New York
- Doctoral Degree in Healthcare Management in New York
Curious what studying Healthcare Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||27,260||$108,090||16.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are healthcare management related jobs in New York