There are schools offering management courses in New York!
Schools Offering Management Programs in New York
Columbia University in the City of New York, which was ranked 3rd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a management program. It is located in New York. In 2010, Columbia University in the City of New York graduated 60 students from its management program. Students at Columbia University in the City of New York paid $43,304 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in New York with a management program is New York University, which is located in New York. In 2010, it was ranked 9th nationwide. 150 students graduated with degree in management from New York University in 2010. Tuition at New York University was $40,082 per year.
University of Rochester, which was ranked 9th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a management program. It is located in Rochester. 13 students graduated with degree in management from University of Rochester in 2010. Students at University of Rochester paid $40,282 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at New York's management schools ranges from $43,304 per year to $3,320 per year. But, the average tuition is $14,538 per year. The New York management schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Columbia University in the City of New York - located in New York, students are charged $43,304 per year
- University of Rochester - located in Rochester, students are charged $40,282 per year
- New York University - located in New York, students are charged $40,082 per year
The management schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New York were:
- Dutchess Community College - located in Poughkeepsie, students are charged $3,320 per year
- CUNY LaGuardia Community College - located in Long Island City, students are charged $3,492 per year
- Monroe Community College - located in Rochester, students are charged $3,529 per year
A management degree from a New York school... what next?
A large number of New York management graduates become managers. If you decide to work as a manager in New York, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 97,640 New York managers as of 2010. In New York, the largest numbers of managers work in the following counties:
- Bergen County - 61,960 managers
- Nassau County - 14,650 managers
- Erie County - 5,790 managers
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 90,530 managers will be working in New York state. This would require the number of managers to shrink by -10%.
A manager in New York earns $137,660 per year on average. In 2010, however, some New York managers earned as little as less than $45,690 per year or as much as more than $164,740 per year. A manager in the following New York counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Bergen County - $159,210 per year
- Nassau County - $133,890 per year
- Livingston County - $117,720 per year
On average, managers earns the least in the following New York counties:
- Clinton County - $87,660 per year
- Columbia County - $89,070 per year
- Chemung County - $90,480 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New York statistics regarding a career in management. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as restaurant management or educational leadership.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Management in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Management in New York
- Master's Degree in Management in New York
- Doctoral Degree in Management in New York
- Certificate in Management in New York
Curious what studying Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||97,640||$137,660||15.2%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||53,580||$45,570||-4.0%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||27,260||$108,090||16.9%|
|Managers, All Other||17,940||$106,960||8.1%|
|Food Service Managers||9,860||$60,760||8.6%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||5,460||$139,550||2.1%|
|Industrial Production Managers||4,860||$102,320||-21.0%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||4,500||$101,110||-30.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are management related jobs in New York