There are schools offering nutrition degrees in New York!
Schools Offering Nutrition Programs in New York
Columbia University in the City of New York, which was ranked 3rd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a nutrition program. It is located in New York. In 2010, Columbia University in the City of New York graduated 73 students from its nutrition program. Students at Columbia University in the City of New York paid $43,304 per year in tuition fees.
New York University, which was ranked 9th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a nutrition program. It is located in New York. In 2010, New York University graduated 154 students from its nutrition program. Students at New York University paid $40,082 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in New York with a nutrition program is Syracuse University, which is located in Syracuse. In 2010, it was ranked 22nd nationwide. 71 students graduated with degree in nutrition from Syracuse University in 2010. The tuition rate at Syracuse University was $36,302 per year.
Nutrition schools in New York, charge students an average tuition of $13,709 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $43,304 per year, or as little as $3,492 per year. The New York nutrition schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Columbia University in the City of New York - located in New York, students are charged $43,304 per year
- New York University - located in New York, students are charged $40,082 per year
- Cornell University - located in Ithaca, students are charged $39,666 per year
The nutrition schools in New York that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- CUNY LaGuardia Community College - located in Long Island City, students are charged $3,492 per year
- CUNY Bronx Community College - located in Bronx, students are charged $3,504 per year
- Monroe Community College - located in Rochester, students are charged $3,529 per year
A nutrition degree from a New York school... what next?
The highest percentage of nutrition graduates in New York pursue careers as a nutritionist. New York had 4,520 nutritionists in 2010. The New York counties with the largest populations of nutritionists are:
- Bergen County - 2,450 nutritionists
- Nassau County - 570 nutritionists
- Erie County - 310 nutritionists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of nutritionists in the state of New York will grow to 4,770. This would require a 2% growth in the profession.
A nutritionist in New York earns $56,260 per year on average. In 2010, however, some New York nutritionists earned as little as less than $23,010 per year or as much as more than $78,600 per year. The following counties in New York have the highest average salaries for nutritionists:
- Nassau County - $63,410 per year
- Dutchess County - $61,350 per year
- Bergen County - $57,890 per year
The following counties in New York have the lowest average salaries for nutritionists:
- Cayuga County - $47,690 per year
- Erie County - $48,280 per year
- Hamilton County - $49,810 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New York statistics regarding a career in nutrition and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse practitioning or healthcare.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nutrition in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition in New York
- Master's Degree in Nutrition in New York
- Doctoral Degree in Nutrition in New York
- Certificate in Nutrition in New York
Curious what studying Nutrition gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dietitians and Nutritionists||4,520||$56,260||13.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nutrition related jobs in New York