There are schools offering occupational therapy programs in New York!
Schools Offering Occupational Therapy Programs in New York
Each year, approximately 0.1% of New York graduates receive degrees in occupational therapy. Thus, New York's 24 occupational therapy schools put out approximately 777 occupational therapists each year.
The top-ranked school in New York with a occupational therapy program is Columbia University in the City of New York, which is located in New York. In 2010, it was ranked 3rd nationwide. In 2010, Columbia University in the City of New York graduated 48 students from its occupational therapy program. Columbia University in the City of New York charged in-state students $43,304 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in New York that has a occupational therapy program is New York University. New York University, which was ranked 9th in the country in 2010, is located in New York. In 2010, 73 students graduated from New York University occupational therapy program. The tuition rate at New York University was $40,082 per year.
Stony Brook University, which is located in Stony Brook, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a occupational therapy program. It received a ranking of 23rd in the country in 2010. 32 students graduated with degree in occupational therapy from Stony Brook University in 2010. Students at Stony Brook University paid $6,580 per year in tuition fees.
Occupational therapy schools in New York, charge students an average tuition of $15,968 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $43,304 per year, or as little as $3,492 per year. The New York occupational therapy schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Columbia University in the City of New York - located in New York, students are charged $43,304 per year
- New York University - located in New York, students are charged $40,082 per year
- Ithaca College - located in Ithaca, students are charged $33,630 per year
The occupational therapy schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New York were:
- CUNY LaGuardia Community College - located in Long Island City, students are charged $3,492 per year
- Erie Community College - located in Buffalo, students are charged $3,690 per year
- Genesee Community College - located in Batavia, students are charged $3,720 per year
An occupational therapy degree from a New York school... what next?
A large number of New York occupational therapy graduates become occupational therapists. 7,100 occupational therapists were working in New York in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of New York occupational therapists:
- Bergen County - 3,880 occupational therapists
- Nassau County - 990 occupational therapists
- Erie County - 600 occupational therapists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of occupational therapists is expected to grow by 15% by 2018. There are projected to be 8,770 occupational therapists working in the New York then.
An occupational therapist in New York earns $69,720 per year on average. However, New York occupational therapists earned anywhere in the range from as less than $35,370 per year to more than $108,440 per year in 2010. The following counties in New York have the highest average salaries for occupational therapists:
- Bergen County - $74,470 per year
- Dutchess County - $74,220 per year
- Nassau County - $73,590 per year
On average, occupational therapists earns the least in the following New York counties:
- Allegany County - $57,180 per year
- Clinton County - $58,750 per year
- Warren County - $59,650 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New York statistics regarding a career in occupational therapy and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as clinical psychology or occupational therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Occupational Therapy in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy in New York
- Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy in New York
- Doctoral Degree in Occupational Therapy in New York
Curious what studying Occupational Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Occupational Therapy Assistants||1,950||$45,390||16.1%|
|Occupational Therapy Aides||370||$32,190||-7.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are occupational therapy related jobs in New York