There are schools offering paralegal programs in New York!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in New York
The top-ranked school in New York with a paralegal program is Marist College, which is located in Poughkeepsie. In 2010, it was ranked 26th nationwide. In 2010, Marist College graduated no students from its paralegal program. Students at Marist College paid $27,740 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in New York with a paralegal program is Bryant and Stratton College-Amherst Campus, which is located in Buffalo. In 2010, it was ranked 78th nationwide. 24 students graduated with degree in paralegal from Bryant and Stratton College-Amherst Campus in 2010. Tuition at Bryant and Stratton College-Amherst Campus was $15,120 per year.
Hilbert College, which is located in Hamburg, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 79th in the country in 2010. 23 students graduated with degree in paralegal from Hilbert College in 2010. Tuition at Hilbert College was $18,530 per year.
Tuition at New York's paralegal schools ranges from $30,162 per year to $3,320 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,286 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at New York paralegal schools were charged at the following schools:
- Long Island University-Brooklyn Campus - located in Brooklyn, students are charged $30,162 per year
- Marist College - located in Poughkeepsie, students are charged $27,740 per year
- Berkeley College - located in New York, students are charged $20,700 per year
The paralegal schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New York were:
- Dutchess Community College - located in Poughkeepsie, students are charged $3,320 per year
- CUNY LaGuardia Community College - located in Long Island City, students are charged $3,492 per year
- CUNY Bronx Community College - located in Bronx, students are charged $3,504 per year
A paralegal degree from a New York school... what next?
Most people who graduate from paralegal school in New York go on to work as a paralegal. In 2010, there were 23,350 paralegals working in New York. The following counties have the largest number of New York paralegals:
- Bergen County - 17,370 paralegals
- Nassau County - 2,070 paralegals
- Erie County - 1,240 paralegals
The government projects that the number of paralegals in New York will grow by 10%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 30,070 paralegals working in New York.
On average, paralegals earn $56,920 per year. However, New York paralegals earned anywhere in the range from as less than $21,050 per year to more than $80,660 per year in 2010. On average a paralegal earns the most in the following New York counties:
- Bergen County - $60,540 per year
- Dutchess County - $56,420 per year
- Nassau County - $54,910 per year
The following counties in New York have the lowest average salaries for paralegals:
- Broome County - $36,050 per year
- Columbia County - $37,380 per year
- Livingston County - $37,440 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New York statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Paralegal Studies in New York
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in New York
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||23,350||$56,920||1.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in New York