There are schools offering paramedic programs in New York!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in New York
SUNY College of Agriculture and Technology at Cobleskill, which was ranked 80th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a paramedic program. It is located in Cobleskill. In 2010, 1 students graduated from SUNY College of Agriculture and Technology at Cobleskill's paramedic program. Students at SUNY College of Agriculture and Technology at Cobleskill paid $6,321 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in New York with a paramedic program is Monroe Community College, which is located in Rochester. In 2010, it was ranked 82nd nationwide. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Monroe Community College paramedic program. The tuition rate at Monroe Community College was $3,529 per year.
The third-ranked school in New York with a paramedic program is Mohawk Valley Community College-Utica Branch, which is located in Utica. In 2010, it was ranked 84th nationwide. In 2010, Mohawk Valley Community College-Utica Branch graduated 1 students from its paramedic programs. Mohawk Valley Community College-Utica Branch charged in-state students $3,870 in tuition fees per year.
Paramedic schools in New York, charge students an average tuition of $3,985 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $6,321 per year, or as little as $3,320 per year. In 2010, the paramedic schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New York were:
- SUNY College of Agriculture and Technology at Cobleskill - located in Cobleskill, students are charged $6,321 per year
- Ulster County Community College - located in Stone Ridge, students are charged $4,408 per year
- SUNY Westchester Community College - located in Valhalla, students are charged $4,213 per year
The paramedic schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New York were:
- Dutchess Community College - located in Poughkeepsie, students are charged $3,320 per year
- CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College - located in New York, students are charged $3,468 per year
- CUNY LaGuardia Community College - located in Long Island City, students are charged $3,492 per year
A paramedic certificate from a New York school... what next?
The highest percentage of paramedic graduates in New York pursue careers as a paramedic. New York had 13,370 paramedics in 2010. The largest populations of New York paramedics are working in the following counties:
- Bergen County - 7,470 paramedics
- Nassau County - 1,600 paramedics
- Livingston County - 1,050 paramedics
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of paramedics is expected to grow by 5% by 2018. There are projected to be 14,550 paramedics working in the New York then.
A paramedic in New York earns $36,910 per year on average. However, New York paramedics earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,210 per year to more than $60,010 per year in 2010. On average a paramedic earns the most in the following New York counties:
- Ulster County - $40,310 per year
- Bergen County - $39,580 per year
- Nassau County - $38,340 per year
The New York counties with the lowest average salary for paramedics are:
- Broome County - $29,250 per year
- Madison County - $29,480 per year
- Cayuga County - $30,060 per year
For more data regarding a career in paramedic training in New York and to compare salaries with various related fields such as paramedic or emergency management, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in New York
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in New York
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||13,370||$36,910||27.1%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||2,340||$25,630||-17.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in New York