There are schools offering personal training certifications in New York!
Schools Offering Personal Training Programs in New York
Each year, roughly 0.0% of New York students graduate with degrees in personal training. In other words, every year an estimated 91 personal trainers graduate from New York's 9 personal training schools.
The top-ranked school in New York that has a personal training program is Marist College. Marist College, which was ranked 26th in the country in 2010, is located in Poughkeepsie. In 2010, 4 students graduated from Marist College's personal training program. Students at Marist College paid $27,740 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in New York with a personal training program is Rochester Institute of Technology, which is located in Rochester. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. Rochester Institute of Technology charged in-state students $30,717 in tuition fees per year.
Ithaca College, which is located in Ithaca, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a personal training program. It received a ranking of 28th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Ithaca College graduated 17 students from its personal training programs. The tuition rate at Ithaca College was $33,630 per year.
Personal training schools in New York, charge students an average tuition of $26,479 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $33,630 per year, or as little as $6,215 per year. The New York personal training schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Ithaca College - located in Ithaca, students are charged $33,630 per year
- Hofstra University - located in Hempstead, students are charged $31,800 per year
- Rochester Institute of Technology - located in Rochester, students are charged $30,717 per year
The lowest tuition rates at New York personal training schools were charged at the following schools:
- SUNY College at Cortland - located in Cortland, students are charged $6,215 per year
- Dominican College of Blauvelt - located in Orangeburg, students are charged $21,990 per year
- Alfred University - located in Alfred, students are charged $25,976 per year
A personal training degree from a New York school... what next?
The highest percentage of personal training graduates in New York pursue careers as a personal trainer. In 2010, there were 16,610 personal trainers working in New York. The largest populations of New York personal trainers are working in the following counties:
- Bergen County - 11,410 personal trainers
- Nassau County - 1,870 personal trainers
- Livingston County - 1,130 personal trainers
The government projects that by 2018, the number of personal trainers in the state of New York will grow to 26,590. This would require a 29% growth in the profession.
A personal trainer in New York makes an average of $52,000 per year. In 2010, however, some New York personal trainers earned as little as less than $15,660 per year or as much as more than $88,380 per year. The counties in New York with the highest average salary for a personal trainer are:
- Bergen County - $61,400 per year
- Nassau County - $49,680 per year
- Dutchess County - $34,810 per year
A personal trainer in the following counties in New York make the lowest salaries on average:
- Broome County - $21,010 per year
- Hamilton County - $23,010 per year
- Clinton County - $23,180 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New York statistics regarding a career in personal training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as physical therapy assisting or physical therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Personal Training in New York
- Master's Degree in Personal Training in New York
Curious what studying Personal Training gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors||16,610||$52,000||10.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are personal training related jobs in New York