There are schools offering physical therapy assistant programs in New York!
Schools Offering Physical Therapy Assisting Programs in New York
Each year, roughly 0.0% of New York students graduate with degrees in physical therapy assisting. Thus, New York's 14 physical therapy assistant schools put out approximately 209 physical therapy assistants each year.
New York University, which was ranked 9th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a physical therapy assistant program. It is located in New York. In 2010, New York University graduated no students from its physical therapy assistant program. Tuition at New York University was $40,082 per year.
Touro College, which is located in New York, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a physical therapy assistant program. It received a ranking of 76th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Touro College graduated 19 students from its physical therapy assistant program. Touro College charged in-state students $14,050 in tuition fees per year.
Villa Maria College, which was ranked 76th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a physical therapy assistant program. It is located in Buffalo. 13 students graduated with degree in physical therapy assistant from Villa Maria College in 2010. Villa Maria College charged in-state students $15,750 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at New York's physical therapy assistant schools ranges from $40,082 per year to $3,492 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,252 per year. The New York physical therapy assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- New York University - located in New York, students are charged $40,082 per year
- Villa Maria College - located in Buffalo, students are charged $15,750 per year
- Touro College - located in New York, students are charged $14,050 per year
The physical therapy assistant schools in New York that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- CUNY LaGuardia Community College - located in Long Island City, students are charged $3,492 per year
- CUNY Kingsborough Community College - located in Brooklyn, students are charged $3,500 per year
- Genesee Community College - located in Batavia, students are charged $3,720 per year
A physical therapy assistant degree from a New York school... what next?
Most people who graduate from physical therapy assistant school in New York go on to work as a physical therapy assistant. If you decide to work as a physical therapy assistant in New York, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 3,580 New York physical therapy assistants as of 2010. The largest populations of New York physical therapy assistants are working in the following counties:
- Bergen County - 1,280 physical therapy assistants
- Nassau County - 810 physical therapy assistants
- Erie County - 230 physical therapy assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of physical therapy assistants is expected to grow by 24% by 2018. There are projected to be 4,720 physical therapy assistants working in the New York then.
On average, a physical therapy assistant earns a salary of $45,720 per year in New York state. However, New York physical therapy assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,760 per year to more than $65,870 per year in 2010. The following counties in New York have the highest average salaries for physical therapy assistants:
- Bergen County - $51,650 per year
- Nassau County - $49,920 per year
- Dutchess County - $48,290 per year
A physical therapy assistant in the following counties in New York make the lowest salaries on average:
- Livingston County - $35,350 per year
- Hamilton County - $36,200 per year
- Allegany County - $36,520 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New York statistics regarding a career in physical therapy assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Physical Therapy Assisting in New York
Curious what studying Physical Therapy Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Physical Therapist Assistants||3,580||$45,720||-3.0%|
|Physical Therapist Aides||2,900||$26,850||2.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physical therapy assistant related jobs in New York