There are schools offering physician assistant programs in New York!
Schools Offering Physician Assisting Programs in New York
Around 0.1% of New York's graduates graduate from physician assisting degree programs every year. In other words, every year an estimated 718 physician assistants graduate from New York's 19 physician assistant schools.
Stony Brook University, which was ranked 23rd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a physician assistant program. It is located in Stony Brook. 51 students graduated with a degree in physician assistant from Stony Brook University in 2010. Tuition at Stony Brook University was $6,580 per year.
Rochester Institute of Technology, which is located in Rochester, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a physician assistant program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. 21 students graduated with degree in physician assistant from Rochester Institute of Technology in 2010. Students at Rochester Institute of Technology paid $30,717 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in New York that has a physician assistant program is Wagner College. Wagner College, which was ranked 33rd in the country in 2010, is located in Staten Island. 39 students graduated with degree in physician assistant from Wagner College in 2010. Tuition at Wagner College was $34,100 per year.
Tuition at New York's physician assistant schools ranges from $34,100 per year to $4,912 per year. But, the average tuition is $18,555 per year. In 2010, the physician assistant schools that charged the highest tuition rates in New York were:
- Wagner College - located in Staten Island, students are charged $34,100 per year
- Pace University-New York - located in New York, students are charged $33,702 per year
- St. John's University-New York - located in Jamaica, students are charged $31,980 per year
The lowest tuition rates at New York physician assistant schools were charged at the following schools:
- CUNY York College - located in Jamaica, students are charged $4,912 per year
- CUNY City College - located in New York, students are charged $4,929 per year
- Stony Brook University - located in Stony Brook, students are charged $6,580 per year
A physician assistant degree from a New York school... what next?
A large number of New York physician assistant graduates become physician assistants. If you decide to work as a physician assistant in New York, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 9,220 New York physician assistants as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of New York physician assistants:
- Bergen County - 4,580 physician assistants
- Nassau County - 1,970 physician assistants
- Livingston County - 630 physician assistants
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of physician assistants is expected to grow by 23% by 2018. There are projected to be 10,360 physician assistants working in the New York then.
On average, a physician assistant earns a salary of $90,760 per year in New York state. In 2010, however, some New York physician assistants earned as little as less than $55,600 per year or as much as more than $120,600 per year. A physician assistant in the following New York counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Hamilton County - $95,700 per year
- Nassau County - $94,530 per year
- Dutchess County - $93,660 per year
On average, physician assistants earns the least in the following New York counties:
- Erie County - $79,060 per year
- Warren County - $82,800 per year
- Livingston County - $83,380 per year
For more data regarding a career in physician assisting in New York and to compare salaries with various related fields such as dental assisting or medical assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Physician Assisting in New York
- Master's Degree in Physician Assisting in New York
Curious what studying Physician Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are physician assistant related jobs in New York