There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in New York!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in New York
Stony Brook University, which was ranked 23rd nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a respiratory therapy program. It is located in Stony Brook. 29 students graduated with a degree in respiratory therapy from Stony Brook University in 2010. Stony Brook University charged in-state students $6,580 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in New York that has a respiratory therapy program is Molloy College. Molloy College, which was ranked 38th in the country in 2010, is located in Rockville Centre. 19 students graduated with degree in respiratory therapy from Molloy College in 2010. Tuition at Molloy College was $22,130 per year.
The third-ranked school in New York with a respiratory therapy program is Long Island University-Brooklyn Campus, which is located in Brooklyn. In 2010, it was ranked 84th nationwide. 17 students graduated with degree in respiratory therapy from Long Island University-Brooklyn Campus in 2010. Students at Long Island University-Brooklyn Campus paid $30,162 per year in tuition fees.
Respiratory therapy schools in New York, charge students an average tuition of $7,522 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $30,162 per year, or as little as $3,468 per year. The New York respiratory therapy schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Long Island University-Brooklyn Campus - located in Brooklyn, students are charged $30,162 per year
- Molloy College - located in Rockville Centre, students are charged $22,130 per year
- Stony Brook University - located in Stony Brook, students are charged $6,580 per year
The respiratory therapy schools in New York that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College - located in New York, students are charged $3,468 per year
- Erie Community College - located in Buffalo, students are charged $3,690 per year
- Genesee Community College - located in Batavia, students are charged $3,720 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from a New York school... what next?
Most people who graduate from respiratory therapy school in New York go on to work as a respiratory therapist. In 2010, there were 5,810 respiratory therapists working in New York. The following counties have the largest number of New York respiratory therapists:
- Bergen County - 3,340 respiratory therapists
- Nassau County - 1,020 respiratory therapists
- Erie County - 380 respiratory therapists
The government projects that by 2018, the number of respiratory therapists in the state of New York will grow to 5,920. This would require a 13% growth in the profession.
A respiratory therapist in New York makes an average of $63,770 per year. In 2010, however, some New York respiratory therapists earned as little as less than $31,580 per year or as much as more than $87,170 per year. The following counties in New York have the highest average salaries for respiratory therapists:
- Dutchess County - $71,650 per year
- Bergen County - $68,370 per year
- Nassau County - $67,170 per year
On average, respiratory therapists earns the least in the following New York counties:
- Allegany County - $45,900 per year
- Hamilton County - $49,440 per year
- Cayuga County - $50,750 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New York statistics regarding a career in respiratory therapy and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in New York
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||430||$56,120||-44.9%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in New York