There are schools offering school psychology programs in New York!
Schools Offering School Psychology Programs in New York
The top-ranked school in New York that has a school psychology program is Columbia University in the City of New York. Columbia University in the City of New York, which was ranked 3rd in the country in 2010, is located in New York. 21 students graduated with a degree in school psychology from Columbia University in the City of New York in 2010. Students at Columbia University in the City of New York paid $43,304 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in New York with a school psychology program is New York University, which is located in New York. In 2010, it was ranked 9th nationwide. 25 students graduated with degree in school psychology from New York University in 2010. The tuition rate at New York University was $40,082 per year.
Fordham University, which is located in Bronx, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a school psychology program. It received a ranking of 22nd in the country in 2010. 19 students graduated with degree in school psychology from Fordham University in 2010. Students at Fordham University paid $38,602 per year in tuition fees.
School psychology schools in New York, charge students an average tuition of $20,648 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $43,304 per year, or as little as $4,830 per year. In 2010, the following New York school psychology schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Columbia University in the City of New York - located in New York, students are charged $43,304 per year
- New York University - located in New York, students are charged $40,082 per year
- Fordham University - located in Bronx, students are charged $38,602 per year
The lowest tuition rates at New York school psychology schools were charged at the following schools:
- CUNY Graduate School and University Center - located in New York, students are charged $4,830 per year
- CUNY Hunter College - located in New York, students are charged $4,999 per year
- CUNY Brooklyn College - located in Brooklyn, students are charged $5,051 per year
A school psychology degree from a New York school... what next?
Most people who graduate from school psychology school in New York go on to work as a school psychologist. If you decide to work as a school psychologist in New York, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 10,300 New York school psychologists as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of New York school psychologists:
- Bergen County - 5,820 school psychologists
- Nassau County - 1,570 school psychologists
- Livingston County - 580 school psychologists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 15,410 school psychologists will be working in New York state. This would require the number of school psychologists to grow by 4%.
A school psychologist in New York makes an average of $82,300 per year. But, salaries for school psychologists can vary. In 2010, school psychologists made as little as less than $36,250 per year or as much as more than $137,540 per year in New York. On average a school psychologist earns the most in the following New York counties:
- Nassau County - $96,930 per year
- Bergen County - $85,990 per year
- Columbia County - $81,180 per year
A school psychologist in the following counties in New York make the lowest salaries on average:
- Allegany County - $63,370 per year
- Cayuga County - $64,540 per year
- Tompkins County - $65,870 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New York statistics regarding a career in school psychology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as educational leadership or speech therapy.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in School Psychology in New York
- Doctoral Degree in School Psychology in New York
Curious what studying School Psychology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists||10,300||$82,300||2.7%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are school psychology related jobs in New York