There are schools offering veterinary technician programs in New York!
Schools Offering Veterinary Technology Programs in New York
Each year, roughly 0.1% of New York students graduate with degrees in veterinary technology. In other words, every year an estimated 302 veterinary technicians graduate from New York's 8 veterinary technician schools.
SUNY College of Technology at Alfred, which is located in Alfred, is the top-ranked school in New York that has a veterinary technician program. It received a ranking of 44th in the country in 2010. In 2010, SUNY College of Technology at Alfred graduated 29 students from its veterinary technician program. SUNY College of Technology at Alfred charged in-state students $6,218 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in New York with a veterinary technician program is Medaille College, which is located in Buffalo. In 2010, it was ranked 73rd nationwide. 60 students graduated with degree in veterinary technician from Medaille College in 2010. Students at Medaille College paid $20,570 per year in tuition fees.
SUNY College of Technology at Delhi, which is located in Delhi, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a veterinary technician program. It received a ranking of 78th in the country in 2010. In 2010, SUNY College of Technology at Delhi graduated 89 students from its veterinary technician programs. Tuition at SUNY College of Technology at Delhi was $6,405 per year.
Veterinary technician schools in New York, charge students an average tuition of $6,938 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $20,570 per year, or as little as $3,492 per year. The New York veterinary technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Medaille College - located in Buffalo, students are charged $20,570 per year
- SUNY College of Technology at Delhi - located in Delhi, students are charged $6,405 per year
- SUNY College of Technology at Canton - located in Canton, students are charged $6,297 per year
The veterinary technician schools in New York that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- CUNY LaGuardia Community College - located in Long Island City, students are charged $3,492 per year
- CUNY Bronx Community College - located in Bronx, students are charged $3,504 per year
- Ulster County Community College - located in Stone Ridge, students are charged $4,408 per year
A veterinary technician degree from a New York school... what next?
Most people who graduate from veterinary technician school in New York go on to work as a veterinary technician. If you decide to work as a veterinary technician in New York, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 4,190 New York veterinary technicians as of 2010. In New York, the largest numbers of veterinary technicians work in the following counties:
- Bergen County - 1,460 veterinary technicians
- Nassau County - 1,190 veterinary technicians
- Erie County - 410 veterinary technicians
The government projects that by 2018, the number of veterinary technicians in the state of New York will grow to 5,240. This would require a 26% growth in the profession.
On average, a veterinary technician earns a salary of $36,540 per year in New York state. In 2010, however, some New York veterinary technicians earned as little as less than $21,530 per year or as much as more than $60,110 per year. The counties in New York with the highest average salary for a veterinary technician are:
- Albany County - $39,990 per year
- Dutchess County - $39,560 per year
- Tompkins County - $39,500 per year
The following counties in New York have the lowest average salaries for veterinary technicians:
- Broome County - $28,850 per year
- Allegany County - $30,100 per year
- Livingston County - $30,750 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional New York statistics regarding a career in veterinary technology and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as veterinary or dog training.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Veterinary Technology in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Veterinary Technology in New York
- Certificate in Veterinary Technology in New York
Curious what studying Veterinary Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Veterinary Technologists and Technicians||4,190||$36,540||49.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are veterinary technician related jobs in New York