There are schools offering visual communications degrees in New York!
Schools Offering Visual Communications Programs in New York
Each year, roughly 0.7% of New York students graduate with degrees in visual communications. In other words, every year an estimated 3,736 visual communications professionals graduate from New York's 80 visual communications schools.
The top-ranked school in New York that has a visual communications program is Columbia University in the City of New York. Columbia University in the City of New York, which was ranked 3rd in the country in 2010, is located in New York. In 2010, Columbia University in the City of New York graduated 60 students from its visual communications program. Students at Columbia University in the City of New York paid $43,304 per year in tuition fees.
New York University, which was ranked 9th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in New York that has a visual communications program. It is located in New York. In 2010, 438 students graduated from New York University visual communications program. The tuition rate at New York University was $40,082 per year.
Barnard College, which is located in New York, is the third-ranked school in New York that has a visual communications program. It received a ranking of 18th in the country in 2010. Tuition at Barnard College was $40,546 per year.
Visual communications schools in New York, charge students an average tuition of $17,406 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $43,304 per year, or as little as $3,320 per year. The New York visual communications schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Columbia University in the City of New York - located in New York, students are charged $43,304 per year
- Bard College - located in Annandale On Hudson, students are charged $41,670 per year
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute - located in Troy, students are charged $40,680 per year
The visual communications schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in New York were:
- Dutchess Community College - located in Poughkeepsie, students are charged $3,320 per year
- CUNY Borough of Manhattan Community College - located in New York, students are charged $3,468 per year
- CUNY Queensborough Community College - located in Oakland Gardens, students are charged $3,490 per year
A visual communications degree from a New York school... what next?
Video editor, audio visual technician, and artist are the professions of choice for a majority of visual communications graduates in New York. If you decide to work as a visual communications professional in New York, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 26,110 New York visual communications professional as of 2010. This number includes 18,970 graphic designers, video editors, and 6,040 audio visual technicians. The New York counties with the largest populations of visual communications professional are:
- Bergen County - 24,700 visual communications professionals
- Nassau County - 2,510 visual communications professionals
- Livingston County - 950 visual communications professionals
The government projects that, by 2018, the number of visual communications professionals in the state of New York will grow to 38,490. This would require a 2% growth in the field.
visual communications professionals in New York earn $59,000 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Visual communications professional in New York had varying salaries from $17,670 to $113,530 per year in 2010. On average visual communications professional earn the most in the following New York counties:
- Bergen County - $61,360 per year
- Dutchess County - $53,400 per year
- Warren County - $51,270 per year
The New York counties with the lowest average salary for visual communications professionals are:
- Clinton County - $33,500 per year
- Broome County - $36,070 per year
- Cayuga County - $36,440 per year
The visual communications professionals with highest average salaries in New York were:
- Video Editor - $67,330 per year
- Graphic Designer - $57,510 per year
- Artist - $55,780 per year
On average, the lowest paid visual communications professionals in New York were:
- Artist - $55,780 per year
- Audio Visual Technician - $55,380 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional New York statistics regarding a career in visual communications. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as visual communications or art.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Visual Communications in New York
- Bachelor's Degree in Visual Communications in New York
- Master's Degree in Visual Communications in New York
- Doctoral Degree in Visual Communications in New York
- Certificate in Visual Communications in New York
Curious what studying Visual Communications gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in New York
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Film and Video Editors||n/a||$67,330|
|Audio and Video Equipment Technicians||6,040||$55,380||61.9%|
|Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators||1,100||$55,780||3.8%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are visual communications related jobs in New York