There are schools offering administrative assistant courses in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Administrative Assisting Programs in North Carolina
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Delaware
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Virginia
- Administrative Assistant Courses in South Carolina
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Washington DC
- Administrative Assistant Courses in Maryland
- Administrative Assistant Courses in West Virginia
- See All Schools in North Carolina
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of North Carolina receive administrative assisting certificates every year. Thus, North Carolina's 29 administrative assistant schools put out approximately 388 administrative assistants each year.
East Carolina University, which is located in Greenville, is the top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a administrative assistant program. It received a ranking of 32nd in the country in 2010. 63 students graduated with a certificate in administrative assistant from East Carolina University in 2010. East Carolina University charged in-state students $4,797 in tuition fees per year.
King's College, which was ranked 70th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a administrative assistant program. It is located in Charlotte. 28 students graduated with certificate in administrative assistant from King's College in 2010. Students at King's College paid $13,260 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a administrative assistant program is Southeastern Community College. Southeastern Community College, which was ranked 71st in the country in 2010, is located in Whiteville. In 2010, Southeastern Community College graduated 0 students from its administrative assistant programs. The tuition rate at Southeastern Community College was $1,455 per year.
Administrative assistant schools in North Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $2,071 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $13,260 per year, or as little as $1,454 per year. The North Carolina administrative assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- King's College - located in Charlotte, students are charged $13,260 per year
- East Carolina University - located in Greenville, students are charged $4,797 per year
- Robeson Community College - located in Lumberton, students are charged $2,132 per year
The administrative assistant schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in North Carolina were:
- Vance-Granville Community College - located in Henderson, students are charged $1,454 per year
- Southeastern Community College - located in Whiteville, students are charged $1,455 per year
- Craven Community College - located in New Bern, students are charged $1,472 per year
An administrative assistant certificate from a North Carolina school... what next?
The highest percentage of administrative assistant graduates in North Carolina pursue careers as an administrative assistant. If you decide to work as an administrative assistant in North Carolina, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 39,430 North Carolina administrative assistants as of 2010. The largest populations of North Carolina administrative assistants are working in the following counties:
- Anson County - 9,300 administrative assistants
- Franklin County - 6,150 administrative assistants
- Chatham County - 5,640 administrative assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 57,560 administrative assistants will be working in North Carolina state. This would require the number of administrative assistants to grow by 10%.
On average, administrative assistants earn $40,190 per year. However, this number is only an average. administrative assistants in North Carolina had varying salaries from $22,910 to $65,110 per year in 2010. The counties in North Carolina with the highest average salary for an administrative assistant are:
- Chatham County - $43,370 per year
- Anson County - $42,390 per year
- Davie County - $40,570 per year
The North Carolina counties with the lowest average salary for administrative assistants are:
- Wayne County - $34,070 per year
- Cumberland County - $35,430 per year
- Alleghany County - $36,360 per year
For more data regarding a career in administrative assisting in North Carolina and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or business administration, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Administrative Assisting in North Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Administrative Assisting in North Carolina
- Certificate in Administrative Assisting in North Carolina
Curious what studying Administrative Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Secretaries and Administrative Assistants, Except Legal, Medical, and Executive||59,590||$30,610||21.3%|
|Office Clerks, General||57,820||$26,500||-13.9%|
|Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants||39,430||$40,190||-19.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are administrative assistant related jobs in North Carolina