There are schools offering architecture degrees in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Architecture Programs in North Carolina
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, which is located in Chapel Hill, is the top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a architecture program. It received a ranking of 12th in the country in 2010. 58 students graduated with a degree in architecture from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2010. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill charged in-state students $6,665 in tuition fees per year.
North Carolina State University at Raleigh, which is located in Raleigh, is the second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a architecture program. It received a ranking of 20th in the country in 2010. In 2010, North Carolina State University at Raleigh graduated 117 students from its architecture program. Tuition at North Carolina State University at Raleigh was $6,529 per year.
Appalachian State University, which was ranked 20th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a architecture program. It is located in Boone. In 2010, 7 students graduated from Appalachian State University architecture program. Appalachian State University charged in-state students $5,251 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at North Carolina's architecture schools ranges from $6,665 per year to $1,524 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,907 per year. The North Carolina architecture schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - located in Chapel Hill, students are charged $6,665 per year
- North Carolina State University at Raleigh - located in Raleigh, students are charged $6,529 per year
- Appalachian State University - located in Boone, students are charged $5,251 per year
The lowest tuition rates at North Carolina architecture schools were charged at the following schools:
- Forsyth Technical Community College - located in Winston Salem, students are charged $1,524 per year
- Sandhills Community College - located in Pinehurst, students are charged $1,697 per year
- Coastal Carolina Community College - located in Jacksonville, students are charged $1,838 per year
An architecture degree from a North Carolina school... what next?
A large number of North Carolina architecture graduates become architects. North Carolina had 1,820 architects in 2010. The largest populations of North Carolina architects are working in the following counties:
- Anson County - 880 architects
- Franklin County - 280 architects
- Chatham County - 270 architects
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,810 architects will be working in North Carolina state. This would require the number of architects to grow by 11%.
On average, an architect earns a salary of $72,510 per year in North Carolina state. However, North Carolina architects earned anywhere in the range from as less than $37,700 per year to more than $133,050 per year in 2010. The following counties in North Carolina have the highest average salaries for architects:
- Davie County - $77,770 per year
- Anson County - $75,160 per year
- Guilford County - $74,620 per year
An architect in the following counties in North Carolina make the lowest salaries on average:
- Beaufort County - $49,220 per year
- Brunswick County - $68,920 per year
- Franklin County - $70,510 per year
For more data regarding a career in architecture in North Carolina and to compare salaries with various related fields such as civil engineering or design, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Architecture in North Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture in North Carolina
- Master's Degree in Architecture in North Carolina
- Doctoral Degree in Architecture in North Carolina
- Certificate in Architecture in North Carolina
Curious what studying Architecture gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Architectural and Civil Drafters||2,430||$44,740||4.3%|
|Architects, Except Landscape and Naval||1,820||$72,510||-23.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are architecture related jobs in North Carolina