There are schools offering business degrees in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Business Programs in North Carolina
The top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a business program is Duke University. Duke University, which was ranked 10th in the country in 2010, is located in Durham. 784 students graduated with a degree in business from Duke University in 2010. Students at Duke University paid $40,243 per year in tuition fees.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, which is located in Chapel Hill, is the second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a business program. It received a ranking of 12th in the country in 2010. 938 students graduated with degree in business from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2010. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill charged in-state students $6,665 in tuition fees per year.
North Carolina State University at Raleigh, which is located in Raleigh, is the third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a business program. It received a ranking of 20th in the country in 2010. In 2010, North Carolina State University at Raleigh graduated 1,018 students from its business programs. Students at North Carolina State University at Raleigh paid $6,529 per year in tuition fees.
If you are hoping to attend one of North Carolina's business schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $9,058 per year, though tuition can range from $40,243 per year to $1,422 per year. The North Carolina business schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Duke University - located in Durham, students are charged $40,243 per year
- Wake Forest University - located in Winston Salem, students are charged $39,970 per year
- Guilford College - located in Greensboro, students are charged $28,800 per year
The business schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in North Carolina were:
- Randolph Community College - located in Asheboro, students are charged $1,422 per year
- Vance-Granville Community College - located in Henderson, students are charged $1,454 per year
- Southeastern Community College - located in Whiteville, students are charged $1,455 per year
A business degree from a North Carolina school... what next?
business graduates in North Carolina can go into a variety of professions such as chief executive officer, operations manager, business professor, accountant, and budget analyst. North Carolina had 139,350 business professionals in 2010. 8,480 of these business professionals were business analysts, 2,850 were chief executive officers, and 49,630 were operations managers. In North Carolina, the largest numbers of business professional work in the following counties:
- Anson County - 43,980 business professionals
- Franklin County - 21,580 business professionals
- Guilford County - 12,280 business professionals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the number of business professionals is expected to grow by 14% by 2018. There are projected to be 180,100 business professionals working in North Carolina then. Of these 180,100 business professionals, the government predicts that 14,130 will be business analysts, 3,790 will be chief executive officers, and 55,780 will be operations managers.
business professionals in North Carolina earn $84,759 per year on average. However, this number is only an average. Business professional in North Carolina had varying salaries from $24,210 to $165,760 per year in 2010. The following counties in North Carolina have the highest average salaries for business professionals:
- Chatham County - $101,829 per year
- Wayne County - $94,920 per year
- Anson County - $88,748 per year
On average, business professionals earn the least in the following North Carolina counties:
- Onslow County - $66,258 per year
- Alamance County - $71,841 per year
- Caswell County - $73,433 per year
On average, the highest paid business professionals in North Carolina were:
- Chief Executive Officer - $192,900 per year
- Operations Manager - $120,070 per year
- Financial Manager - $113,770 per year
On average, the lowest paid business professionals in North Carolina were:
- Cost Estimator - $54,600 per year
- Credit Counselor - $36,600 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional North Carolina statistics regarding a career in business and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as business administration or advertising.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Business in North Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Business in North Carolina
- Master's Degree in Business in North Carolina
- Doctoral Degree in Business in North Carolina
- Certificate in Business in North Carolina
Curious what studying Business gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||49,630||$120,070||-12.3%|
|Accountants and Auditors||26,250||$66,100||21.5%|
|Personal Financial Advisors||3,570||$65,610||10.2%|
|Administrative Services Managers||3,230||$81,540||-17.8%|
|Business Teachers, Postsecondary||2,760||$82,220||-11.0%|
|Human Resources Managers||1,280||$112,960|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are business related jobs in North Carolina