There are schools offering cosmetology programs in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Cosmetology Programs in North Carolina
Around 1.0% of North Carolina's graduates graduate from cosmetology certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 2,259 cosmetologists graduate from North Carolina's 84 cosmetology schools each year.
Mitchells Hairstyling Academy, which is located in Wilson, is the top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a cosmetology program. It received a ranking of 56th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 10 students graduated from Mitchells Hairstyling Academy's cosmetology program.
Hairstyling Institute of Charlotte Inc, which is located in Charlotte, is the second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a cosmetology program. It received a ranking of 62nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, Hairstyling Institute of Charlotte Inc graduated 37 students from its cosmetology program.
The third-ranked school in North Carolina with a cosmetology program is Mitchells Academy, which is located in Raleigh. In 2010, it was ranked 64th nationwide. In 2010, Mitchells Academy graduated 108 students from its cosmetology programs. The tuition rate at Mitchells Academy was $0 per year.
Tuition at North Carolina's cosmetology schools ranges from $14,508 per year to $1,422 per year. But, the average tuition is $1,884 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at North Carolina cosmetology schools were charged at the following schools:
- Miller-Motte College-Wilmington - located in Wilmington, students are charged $14,508 per year
- Miller-Motte College-Greenville - located in Greenville, students are charged $13,931 per year
- Miller-Motte College-Cary - located in Cary, students are charged $10,597 per year
The cosmetology schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in North Carolina were:
- Randolph Community College - located in Asheboro, students are charged $1,422 per year
- Vance-Granville Community College - located in Henderson, students are charged $1,454 per year
- Southeastern Community College - located in Whiteville, students are charged $1,455 per year
A cosmetology certificate from a North Carolina school... what next?
The highest percentage of cosmetology graduates in North Carolina pursue careers as a cosmetologist. If you decide to work as a cosmetologist in North Carolina, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 7,510 North Carolina cosmetologists as of 2010. The North Carolina counties with the largest populations of cosmetologists are:
- Anson County - 2,280 cosmetologists
- Franklin County - 1,470 cosmetologists
- Guilford County - 590 cosmetologists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of cosmetologists is expected to grow by 13% by 2018. There are projected to be 15,750 cosmetologists working in the North Carolina then.
A cosmetologist in North Carolina makes an average of $25,890 per year. But, salaries for cosmetologists can vary. In 2010, cosmetologists made as little as less than $15,360 per year or as much as more than $61,920 per year in North Carolina. A cosmetologist in the following North Carolina counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Chatham County - $31,560 per year
- Franklin County - $30,030 per year
- Anson County - $27,280 per year
The following counties in North Carolina have the lowest average salaries for cosmetologists:
- Alleghany County - $17,530 per year
- Alexander County - $17,710 per year
- Edgecombe County - $19,650 per year
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Cosmetology in North Carolina
- Certificate in Cosmetology in North Carolina
Curious what studying Cosmetology gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists||7,510||$25,890||18.8%|
|Manicurists and Pedicurists||520||$20,540||44.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are cosmetology related jobs in North Carolina