There are schools offering dental hygienist programs in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Dental Hygiene Programs in North Carolina
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of North Carolina receive dental hygiene degrees every year. Thus, North Carolina's 13 dental hygienist schools put out approximately 237 dental hygienists each year.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, which is located in Chapel Hill, is the top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a dental hygienist program. It received a ranking of 12th in the country in 2010. 35 students graduated with a degree in dental hygienist from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2010. Students at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill paid $6,665 per year in tuition fees.
The second-ranked school in North Carolina with a dental hygienist program is Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College, which is located in Asheville. In 2010, it was ranked 86th nationwide. In 2010, Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College graduated 16 students from its dental hygienist program. Tuition at Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College was $1,609 per year.
The third-ranked school in North Carolina with a dental hygienist program is Halifax Community College, which is located in Weldon. In 2010, it was ranked 86th nationwide. 16 students graduated with degree in dental hygienist from Halifax Community College in 2010. Tuition at Halifax Community College was $1,930 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of North Carolina's dental hygienist schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $2,225 per year, though tuition can range from $6,665 per year to $1,524 per year. In 2010, the following North Carolina dental hygienist schools had the highest tuition rates:
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - located in Chapel Hill, students are charged $6,665 per year
- Central Piedmont Community College - located in Charlotte, students are charged $2,024 per year
- Guilford Technical Community College - located in Jamestown, students are charged $1,981 per year
The lowest tuition rates at North Carolina dental hygienist schools were charged at the following schools:
- Forsyth Technical Community College - located in Winston Salem, students are charged $1,524 per year
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College - located in Asheville, students are charged $1,609 per year
- Coastal Carolina Community College - located in Jacksonville, students are charged $1,838 per year
A dental hygienist degree from a North Carolina school... what next?
A large number of North Carolina dental hygienist graduates become dental hygienists. 5,670 dental hygienists were working in North Carolina in 2010. The largest populations of North Carolina dental hygienists are working in the following counties:
- Anson County - 1,190 dental hygienists
- Franklin County - 750 dental hygienists
- Guilford County - 520 dental hygienists
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of dental hygienists is expected to grow by 42% by 2018. There are projected to be 7,350 dental hygienists working in the North Carolina then.
On average, dental hygienists earn $61,940 per year. However, this number is only an average. dental hygienists in North Carolina had varying salaries from $39,900 to $86,140 per year in 2010. A dental hygienist in the following North Carolina counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Davie County - $68,990 per year
- Alamance County - $67,150 per year
- Anson County - $66,560 per year
On average, dental hygienists earns the least in the following North Carolina counties:
- Edgecombe County - $48,520 per year
- Greene County - $54,530 per year
- Guilford County - $56,190 per year
For more data regarding a career in dental hygiene in North Carolina and to compare salaries with various related fields such as health science or medical assisting, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Dental Hygiene in North Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Dental Hygiene in North Carolina
Curious what studying Dental Hygienist gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are dental hygienist related jobs in North Carolina