There are schools offering educational leadership programs in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Educational Leadership Programs in North Carolina
- Educational Leadership Programs in Delaware
- Educational Leadership Programs in Virginia
- Educational Leadership Programs in South Carolina
- Educational Leadership Programs in Washington DC
- Educational Leadership Programs in Maryland
- Educational Leadership Programs in West Virginia
- See All Schools in North Carolina
Approximately 0.5% of graduates in of North Carolina receive educational leadership degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 1,179 educational leadership professonals graduate from North Carolina's 20 educational leadership schools.
The top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a educational leadership program is University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, which was ranked 12th in the country in 2010, is located in Chapel Hill. In 2010, 35 students graduated from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's educational leadership program. Tuition at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill was $6,665 per year.
The second-ranked school in North Carolina with a educational leadership program is North Carolina State University at Raleigh, which is located in Raleigh. In 2010, it was ranked 20th nationwide. In 2010, North Carolina State University at Raleigh graduated 171 students from its educational leadership program. Students at North Carolina State University at Raleigh paid $6,529 per year in tuition fees.
Appalachian State University, which is located in Boone, is the third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a educational leadership program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Appalachian State University graduated 192 students from its educational leadership programs. Students at Appalachian State University paid $5,251 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at North Carolina's educational leadership schools ranges from $23,752 per year to $3,476 per year. But, the average tuition is $8,760 per year. The North Carolina educational leadership schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Queens University of Charlotte - located in Charlotte, students are charged $23,752 per year
- Campbell University - located in Buies Creek, students are charged $22,520 per year
- Gardner-Webb University - located in Boiling Springs, students are charged $22,410 per year
The following North Carolina educational leadership schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Fayetteville State University - located in Fayetteville, students are charged $3,476 per year
- Elizabeth City State University - located in Elizabeth City, students are charged $3,640 per year
- University of North Carolina at Pembroke - located in Pembroke, students are charged $4,140 per year
An educational leadership degree from a North Carolina school... what next?
educational leadership graduates in North Carolina can go into a variety of professions such as preschool director, dean, and distance learning coordinator. North Carolina had 16,550 educational leadership professonals in 2010. 7,490 of these educational leadership professonals were middle school principals, 2,060 were preschool directors, and 5,940 were deans. The largest populations of North Carolina educational leadership professonal are working in the following counties:
- Franklin County - 3,430 educational leadership professonals
- Anson County - 2,460 educational leadership professonals
- Chatham County - 1,350 educational leadership professonals
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts by 2018, an estimated 17,230 educational leadership professonals will be working in North Carolina. This would require the number of educational leadership professonal to grow by 6%.
On average, educational leadership professonals earn $67,838 per year. In 2010, however, some North Carolina educational leadership professonal earned as little as less than $22,890 per year or as much as more than $164,160 per year. The following counties in North Carolina have the highest average salaries for educational leadership professonals:
- Franklin County - $77,200 per year
- Davie County - $74,827 per year
- Chatham County - $73,345 per year
On average, educational leadership professonals earn the least in the following North Carolina counties:
- Wayne County - $36,050 per year
- Bladen County - $55,898 per year
- Onslow County - $56,405 per year
The educational leadership professonals with highest average salaries in North Carolina were:
- Dean - $89,450 per year
- Distance Learning Coordinator - $72,560 per year
- Middle School Principal - $68,590 per year
The educational leadership professonals with lowest average salaries in North Carolina were:
- Middle School Principal - $68,590 per year
- Preschool Director - $40,750 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional North Carolina statistics regarding a career in educational leadership and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as educational leadership or special education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership in North Carolina
- Doctoral Degree in Educational Leadership in North Carolina
Curious what studying Educational Leadership gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||7,490||$68,590||8.7%|
|Education Administrators, Postsecondary||5,940||$89,450||14.0%|
|Education Administrators, Preschool and Childcare Center/Program||2,060||$40,750||-2.8%|
|Education Administrators, All Other||1,060||$72,560||152.4%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are educational leadership related jobs in North Carolina