There are schools offering elementary education degrees in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Elementary Education Programs in North Carolina
Approximately 1.2% of graduates in of North Carolina receive elementary education degrees every year. That means an estimated 2,536 elementary educators graduate from North Carolina's 65 elementary education schools each year.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, which was ranked 12th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a elementary education program. It is located in Chapel Hill. 67 students graduated with a degree in elementary education from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2010. Tuition at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill was $6,665 per year.
The second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a elementary education program is North Carolina State University at Raleigh. North Carolina State University at Raleigh, which was ranked 20th in the country in 2010, is located in Raleigh. 55 students graduated with degree in elementary education from North Carolina State University at Raleigh in 2010. The tuition rate at North Carolina State University at Raleigh was $6,529 per year.
Elon University, which was ranked 20th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a elementary education program. It is located in Elon College. In 2010, 61 students graduated from Elon University elementary education program. Tuition at Elon University was $26,827 per year.
Elementary education schools in North Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $11,217 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $39,970 per year, or as little as $1,472 per year. In 2010, the following North Carolina elementary education schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Wake Forest University - located in Winston Salem, students are charged $39,970 per year
- Guilford College - located in Greensboro, students are charged $28,800 per year
- Elon University - located in Elon College, students are charged $26,827 per year
The lowest tuition rates at North Carolina elementary education schools were charged at the following schools:
- Craven Community College - located in New Bern, students are charged $1,472 per year
- Martin Community College - located in Williamston, students are charged $1,733 per year
- Isothermal Community College - located in Spindale, students are charged $1,846 per year
An elementary education degree from a North Carolina school... what next?
Most people who graduate from elementary education school in North Carolina go on to work as an elementary educator. In 2010, there were 38,940 elementary educators working in North Carolina. The following counties have the largest number of North Carolina elementary educators:
- Anson County - 7,960 elementary educators
- Franklin County - 4,800 elementary educators
- Bladen County - 3,570 elementary educators
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of elementary educators is expected to grow by 13% by 2018. There are projected to be 44,210 elementary educators working in the North Carolina then.
On average, an elementary educator earns a salary of $43,200 per year in North Carolina state. But, salaries for elementary educators can vary. In 2010, elementary educators made as little as less than $27,460 per year or as much as more than $60,360 per year in North Carolina. On average an elementary educator earns the most in the following North Carolina counties:
- Caswell County - $45,280 per year
- Edgecombe County - $45,260 per year
- Guilford County - $44,740 per year
On average, elementary educators earns the least in the following North Carolina counties:
- Cumberland County - $39,010 per year
- Alamance County - $40,460 per year
- Brunswick County - $41,160 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional North Carolina statistics regarding a career in elementary education and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as ESL or early childhood education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Elementary Education in North Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education in North Carolina
- Master's Degree in Elementary Education in North Carolina
- Certificate in Elementary Education in North Carolina
Curious what studying Elementary Education gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education||38,940||$43,200||3.2%|
|Special Education Teachers, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Elementary School||9,490||$45,110||47.8%|
|Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School||7,490||$68,590||8.7%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||4,130||$41,760||-16.6%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are elementary education related jobs in North Carolina