There are schools offering ESL classes in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Esl Programs in North Carolina
University of North Carolina at Charlotte, which is located in Charlotte, is the top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a ESL program. It received a ranking of 34th in the country in 2010. 9 students graduated with a degree in ESL from University of North Carolina at Charlotte in 2010. University of North Carolina at Charlotte charged in-state students $5,138 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a ESL program is Western Carolina University. Western Carolina University, which was ranked 39th in the country in 2010, is located in Cullowhee. In 2010, 5 students graduated from Western Carolina University ESL program. Western Carolina University charged in-state students $5,124 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a ESL program is Winston-Salem State University. Winston-Salem State University, which was ranked 47th in the country in 2010, is located in Winston Salem. Tuition at Winston-Salem State University was $4,088 per year.
If you choose to attend a North Carolina ESL school, average tuition will be $14,974 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $4,088 per year to $26,200 per year. In 2010, the following North Carolina ESL schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Meredith College - located in Raleigh, students are charged $26,200 per year
- Greensboro College - located in Greensboro, students are charged $24,070 per year
- Gardner-Webb University - located in Boiling Springs, students are charged $22,410 per year
The lowest tuition rates at North Carolina ESL schools were charged at the following schools:
- Winston-Salem State University - located in Winston Salem, students are charged $4,088 per year
- Western Carolina University - located in Cullowhee, students are charged $5,124 per year
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte - located in Charlotte, students are charged $5,138 per year
An ESL degree from a North Carolina school... what next?
The highest percentage of ESL graduates in North Carolina pursue careers as an english language teacher. North Carolina had 3,100 english language teachers in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of North Carolina english language teachers:
- Anson County - 500 english language teachers
- Franklin County - 360 english language teachers
- Guilford County - 320 english language teachers
An english language teacher in North Carolina makes an average of $61,770 per year. However, this number is only an average. english language teachers in North Carolina had varying salaries from $33,490 to $142,330 per year in 2010. An english language teacher in the following North Carolina counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Chatham County - $87,870 per year
- Davie County - $79,120 per year
- Anson County - $63,810 per year
On average, english language teachers earns the least in the following North Carolina counties:
- Beaufort County - $53,960 per year
- Alleghany County - $54,000 per year
- Alexander County - $54,530 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional North Carolina statistics regarding a career in ESL and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as English or education.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Bachelor's Degree in Esl in North Carolina
- Master's Degree in Esl in North Carolina
Curious what studying ESL gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors||4,430||$45,620||25.5%|
|Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education||4,130||$41,760||-16.6%|
|English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary||3,100||$61,770||24.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are ESL related jobs in North Carolina