There are schools offering graphic design degrees in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Graphic Design Programs in North Carolina
Each year, approximately 0.1% of North Carolina graduates receive degrees in graphic design. That means an estimated 289 graphic designers graduate from North Carolina's 16 graphic design schools each year.
The top-ranked school in North Carolina with a graphic design program is North Carolina State University at Raleigh, which is located in Raleigh. In 2010, it was ranked 20th nationwide. In 2010, 40 students graduated from North Carolina State University at Raleigh's graphic design program. North Carolina State University at Raleigh charged in-state students $6,529 in tuition fees per year.
Appalachian State University, which is located in Boone, is the second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a graphic design program. It received a ranking of 27th in the country in 2010. 52 students graduated with degree in graphic design from Appalachian State University in 2010. Tuition at Appalachian State University was $5,251 per year.
Campbell University, which was ranked 27th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a graphic design program. It is located in Buies Creek. In 2010, 12 students graduated from Campbell University graphic design program. The tuition rate at Campbell University was $22,520 per year.
Tuition at North Carolina's graphic design schools ranges from $26,200 per year to $1,524 per year. But, the average tuition is $12,248 per year. In 2010, the following North Carolina graphic design schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Meredith College - located in Raleigh, students are charged $26,200 per year
- Lenoir-Rhyne University - located in Hickory, students are charged $25,290 per year
- Queens University of Charlotte - located in Charlotte, students are charged $23,752 per year
The lowest tuition rates at North Carolina graphic design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Forsyth Technical Community College - located in Winston Salem, students are charged $1,524 per year
- Lenoir Community College - located in Kinston, students are charged $1,703 per year
- Central Piedmont Community College - located in Charlotte, students are charged $2,024 per year
A graphic design degree from a North Carolina school... what next?
A large number of North Carolina graphic design graduates become graphic designers. If you decide to work as a graphic designer in North Carolina, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 5,350 North Carolina graphic designers as of 2010. The largest populations of North Carolina graphic designers are working in the following counties:
- Anson County - 1,500 graphic designers
- Franklin County - 830 graphic designers
- Guilford County - 570 graphic designers
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of graphic designers is expected to grow by 9% by 2018. There are projected to be 7,510 graphic designers working in the North Carolina then.
On average, a graphic designer earns a salary of $43,550 per year in North Carolina state. In 2010, however, some North Carolina graphic designers earned as little as less than $17,700 per year or as much as more than $80,090 per year. The counties in North Carolina with the highest average salary for a graphic designer are:
- Anson County - $49,750 per year
- Davie County - $46,010 per year
- Guilford County - $45,270 per year
A graphic designer in the following counties in North Carolina make the lowest salaries on average:
- Alleghany County - $33,640 per year
- Onslow County - $34,120 per year
- Brunswick County - $34,320 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional North Carolina statistics regarding a career in graphic design and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as computer animation or graphic design.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in North Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design in North Carolina
- Master's Degree in Graphic Design in North Carolina
- Certificate in Graphic Design in North Carolina
Curious what studying Graphic Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are graphic design related jobs in North Carolina