There are schools offering interior design programs in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Interior Design Programs in North Carolina
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of North Carolina receive interior design degrees every year. That means an estimated 308 interior designers graduate from North Carolina's 18 interior design schools each year.
The top-ranked school in North Carolina with a interior design program is Appalachian State University, which is located in Boone. In 2010, it was ranked 27th nationwide. 32 students graduated with a degree in interior design from Appalachian State University in 2010. Appalachian State University charged in-state students $5,251 in tuition fees per year.
East Carolina University, which is located in Greenville, is the second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a interior design program. It received a ranking of 32nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, East Carolina University graduated 33 students from its interior design program. The tuition rate at East Carolina University was $4,797 per year.
The third-ranked school in North Carolina with a interior design program is University of North Carolina at Greensboro, which is located in Greensboro. In 2010, it was ranked 35th nationwide. In 2010, University of North Carolina at Greensboro graduated 59 students from its interior design programs. The tuition rate at University of North Carolina at Greensboro was $4,973 per year.
Tuition at North Carolina's interior design schools ranges from $26,200 per year to $1,422 per year. But, the average tuition is $9,097 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at North Carolina interior design schools were charged at the following schools:
- Meredith College - located in Raleigh, students are charged $26,200 per year
- Queens University of Charlotte - located in Charlotte, students are charged $23,752 per year
- The Art Institute of Raleigh-Durham - located in Durham, students are charged $22,754 per year
The interior design schools in North Carolina that charged the lowest tuition rates were:
- Randolph Community College - located in Asheboro, students are charged $1,422 per year
- Forsyth Technical Community College - located in Winston Salem, students are charged $1,524 per year
- Western Piedmont Community College - located in Morganton, students are charged $1,874 per year
An interior design degree from a North Carolina school... what next?
The highest percentage of interior design graduates in North Carolina pursue careers as an interior designer. In 2010, there were 1,020 interior designers working in North Carolina. The following counties have the largest number of North Carolina interior designers:
- Anson County - 290 interior designers
- Davie County - 170 interior designers
- Guilford County - 140 interior designers
The government projects that the number of interior designers in North Carolina will grow by 10%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 2,400 interior designers working in North Carolina.
On average, interior designers earn $47,360 per year. However, this number is only an average. interior designers in North Carolina had varying salaries from $15,930 to $103,960 per year in 2010. The following counties in North Carolina have the highest average salaries for interior designers:
- Anson County - $56,590 per year
- Bladen County - $53,270 per year
- Alleghany County - $49,640 per year
On average, interior designers earns the least in the following North Carolina counties:
- Buncombe County - $32,440 per year
- Guilford County - $37,100 per year
- Franklin County - $43,090 per year
For more data regarding a career in interior design in North Carolina and to compare salaries with various related fields such as design or graphic design, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Interior Design in North Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design in North Carolina
- Master's Degree in Interior Design in North Carolina
- Certificate in Interior Design in North Carolina
Curious what studying Interior Design gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are interior design related jobs in North Carolina