There are schools offering management courses in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Management Programs in North Carolina
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, which is located in Chapel Hill, is the top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a management program. It received a ranking of 12th in the country in 2010. In 2010, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill graduated no students from its management program. Tuition at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill was $6,665 per year.
North Carolina State University at Raleigh, which was ranked 20th nationwide in 2010, is the second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a management program. It is located in Raleigh. 188 students graduated with degree in management from North Carolina State University at Raleigh in 2010. Students at North Carolina State University at Raleigh paid $6,529 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in North Carolina with a management program is Elon University, which is located in Elon College. In 2010, it was ranked 26th nationwide. In 2010, 35 students graduated from Elon University management program. The tuition rate at Elon University was $26,827 per year.
If you are hoping to attend one of North Carolina's management schools, you can expect to pay an average tuition of $7,246 per year, though tuition can range from $28,800 per year to $1,422 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at North Carolina management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Guilford College - located in Greensboro, students are charged $28,800 per year
- Elon University - located in Elon College, students are charged $26,827 per year
- Meredith College - located in Raleigh, students are charged $26,200 per year
The lowest tuition rates at North Carolina management schools were charged at the following schools:
- Randolph Community College - located in Asheboro, students are charged $1,422 per year
- Vance-Granville Community College - located in Henderson, students are charged $1,454 per year
- Southeastern Community College - located in Whiteville, students are charged $1,455 per year
A management degree from a North Carolina school... what next?
Most people who graduate from management school in North Carolina go on to work as a manager. 49,630 managers were working in North Carolina in 2010. The largest populations of North Carolina managers are working in the following counties:
- Anson County - 12,920 managers
- Franklin County - 7,570 managers
- Guilford County - 4,580 managers
The government projects that the number of managers in North Carolina will shrink by -1%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 55,780 managers working in North Carolina.
On average, managers earn $120,070 per year. But, salaries for managers can vary. In 2010, managers made as little as less than $46,510 per year or as much as more than $165,180 per year in North Carolina. The following counties in North Carolina have the highest average salaries for managers:
- Anson County - $132,760 per year
- Chatham County - $127,910 per year
- Franklin County - $125,970 per year
The North Carolina counties with the lowest average salary for managers are:
- Onslow County - $91,930 per year
- Alleghany County - $93,110 per year
- Wayne County - $99,250 per year
For more data regarding a career in management in North Carolina and to compare salaries with various related fields such as restaurant management or educational leadership, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Management in North Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Management in North Carolina
- Master's Degree in Management in North Carolina
- Doctoral Degree in Management in North Carolina
- Certificate in Management in North Carolina
Curious what studying Management gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|General and Operations Managers||49,630||$120,070||-12.3%|
|First-Line Supervisors of Retail Sales Workers||45,340||$37,220||4.4%|
|Managers, All Other||8,860||$105,630||11.9%|
|Medical and Health Services Managers||7,410||$92,110||9.1%|
|Food Service Managers||6,240||$53,280||27.9%|
|Industrial Production Managers||4,650||$86,870||-19.4%|
|Property, Real Estate, and Community Association Managers||2,270||$63,680||7.6%|
|Public Relations and Fundraising Managers||1,260||$98,190||4.1%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are management related jobs in North Carolina