There are schools offering medical assistant programs in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Medical Assisting Programs in North Carolina
Around 0.4% of North Carolina's graduates graduate from medical assisting certificate programs every year. Thus, North Carolina's 48 medical assistant schools put out approximately 936 medical assistants each year.
The top-ranked school in North Carolina with a medical assistant program is Duke University, which is located in Durham. In 2010, it was ranked 10th nationwide. In 2010, 63 students graduated from Duke University's medical assistant program. Duke University charged in-state students $40,243 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in North Carolina with a medical assistant program is East Carolina University, which is located in Greenville. In 2010, it was ranked 32nd nationwide. In 2010, East Carolina University graduated 35 students from its medical assistant program. Tuition at East Carolina University was $4,797 per year.
Methodist University, which was ranked 32nd nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a medical assistant program. It is located in Fayetteville. In 2010, 31 students graduated from Methodist University medical assistant program. Students at Methodist University paid $24,148 per year in tuition fees.
Medical assistant schools in North Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $4,995 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $40,243 per year, or as little as $1,454 per year. The North Carolina medical assistant schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Duke University - located in Durham, students are charged $40,243 per year
- Wake Forest University - located in Winston Salem, students are charged $39,970 per year
- Methodist University - located in Fayetteville, students are charged $24,148 per year
The following North Carolina medical assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Vance-Granville Community College - located in Henderson, students are charged $1,454 per year
- Davidson County Community College - located in Thomasville, students are charged $1,466 per year
- Craven Community College - located in New Bern, students are charged $1,472 per year
A medical assistant certificate from a North Carolina school... what next?
A large number of North Carolina medical assistant graduates become medical assistants. 11,970 medical assistants were working in North Carolina in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of North Carolina medical assistants:
- Anson County - 1,540 medical assistants
- Franklin County - 1,330 medical assistants
- Guilford County - 1,090 medical assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 13,870 medical assistants will be working in North Carolina state. This would require the number of medical assistants to grow by 37%.
A medical assistant in North Carolina earns $28,670 per year on average. However, North Carolina medical assistants earned anywhere in the range from as less than $18,280 per year to more than $39,520 per year in 2010. On average a medical assistant earns the most in the following North Carolina counties:
- Franklin County - $30,160 per year
- Chatham County - $30,130 per year
- Anson County - $29,780 per year
The following counties in North Carolina have the lowest average salaries for medical assistants:
- Wayne County - $23,310 per year
- Cumberland County - $25,000 per year
- Onslow County - $25,960 per year
The charts and graphs below have additional North Carolina statistics regarding a career in medical assisting. Take a look and compare salaries with various related fields such as physical therapy assisting or medical assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Medical Assisting in North Carolina
- Master's Degree in Medical Assisting in North Carolina
- Certificate in Medical Assisting in North Carolina
Curious what studying Medical Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical assistant related jobs in North Carolina