There are schools offering medical transcription training in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Medical Transcription Programs in North Carolina
Approximately 0.0% of graduates in of North Carolina receive medical transcription certificates every year. In other words, every year an estimated 49 medical transcriptionists graduate from North Carolina's 11 medical transcription schools.
Edgecombe Community College, which is located in Tarboro, is the top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a medical transcription program. It received a ranking of 80th in the country in 2010. In 2010, Edgecombe Community College graduated 1 students from its medical transcription program. Edgecombe Community College charged in-state students $1,880 in tuition fees per year.
The second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a medical transcription program is Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College. Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College, which was ranked 86th in the country in 2010, is located in Asheville. Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College charged in-state students $1,609 in tuition fees per year.
The third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a medical transcription program is Wayne Community College. Wayne Community College, which was ranked 88th in the country in 2010, is located in Goldsboro. Tuition at Wayne Community College was $1,880 per year.
If you choose to attend a North Carolina medical transcription school, average tuition will be $1,673 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,524 per year to $1,984 per year. In 2010, the medical transcription schools that charged the highest tuition rates in North Carolina were:
- Gaston College - located in Dallas, students are charged $1,984 per year
- Guilford Technical Community College - located in Jamestown, students are charged $1,981 per year
- Cape Fear Community College - located in Wilmington, students are charged $1,941 per year
The lowest tuition rates at North Carolina medical transcription schools were charged at the following schools:
- Forsyth Technical Community College - located in Winston Salem, students are charged $1,524 per year
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College - located in Asheville, students are charged $1,609 per year
- Catawba Valley Community College - located in Hickory, students are charged $1,855 per year
A medical transcription certificate from a North Carolina school... what next?
Most people who graduate from medical transcription school in North Carolina go on to work as a medical transcriptionist. If you decide to work as a medical transcriptionist in North Carolina, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 2,400 North Carolina medical transcriptionists as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of North Carolina medical transcriptionists:
- Anson County - 360 medical transcriptionists
- Franklin County - 320 medical transcriptionists
- Buncombe County - 250 medical transcriptionists
The government projects that the number of medical transcriptionists in North Carolina will grow by 15%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 3,900 medical transcriptionists working in North Carolina.
A medical transcriptionist in North Carolina earns $32,070 per year on average. But, salaries for medical transcriptionists can vary. In 2010, medical transcriptionists made as little as less than $19,600 per year or as much as more than $48,180 per year in North Carolina. The counties in North Carolina with the highest average salary for a medical transcriptionist are:
- Brunswick County - $36,860 per year
- Cumberland County - $36,750 per year
- Chatham County - $36,330 per year
A medical transcriptionist in the following counties in North Carolina make the lowest salaries on average:
- Beaufort County - $28,870 per year
- Alleghany County - $29,640 per year
- Wayne County - $30,460 per year
For more data regarding a career in medical transcription in North Carolina and to compare salaries with various related fields such as administrative assisting or health information, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Medical Transcription in North Carolina
Curious what studying Medical Transcription gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are medical transcription related jobs in North Carolina