There are schools offering nursing assistant certifications in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Nurse Assisting Programs in North Carolina
Each year, approximately 0.0% of North Carolina graduates receive certificates in nurse assisting. That means an estimated 55 nursing assistants graduate from North Carolina's 14 nursing assistant schools each year.
Cabarrus College of Health Sciences, which is located in Concord, is the top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a nursing assistant program. It received a ranking of 80th in the country in 2010. no students graduated with a certificate in nursing assistant from Cabarrus College of Health Sciences in 2010. Tuition at Cabarrus College of Health Sciences was $10,290 per year.
Brunswick Community College, which is located in Bolivia, is the second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a nursing assistant program. It received a ranking of 84th in the country in 2010. Tuition at Brunswick Community College was $1,908 per year.
The third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a nursing assistant program is Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute. Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute, which was ranked 86th in the country in 2010, is located in Hudson. Tuition at Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute was $1,872 per year.
If you choose to attend a North Carolina nursing assistant school, average tuition will be $2,507 per year. However, tuition at your particular institution may range from $1,838 per year to $10,290 per year. In 2010, the following North Carolina nursing assistant schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Cabarrus College of Health Sciences - located in Concord, students are charged $10,290 per year
- Robeson Community College - located in Lumberton, students are charged $2,132 per year
- Gaston College - located in Dallas, students are charged $1,984 per year
The following North Carolina nursing assistant schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Coastal Carolina Community College - located in Jacksonville, students are charged $1,838 per year
- Alamance Community College - located in Graham, students are charged $1,838 per year
- Piedmont Community College - located in Roxboro, students are charged $1,857 per year
A nursing assistant certificate from a North Carolina school... what next?
Most people who graduate from nursing assistant school in North Carolina go on to work as a nursing assistant. If you decide to work as a nursing assistant in North Carolina, you will be joining the ranks of approximately 37,030 North Carolina nursing assistants as of 2010. The following counties have the largest number of North Carolina nursing assistants:
- Anson County - 6,500 nursing assistants
- Bladen County - 3,370 nursing assistants
- Guilford County - 3,230 nursing assistants
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 24,750 nursing assistants will be working in North Carolina state. This would require the number of nursing assistants to grow by 17%.
A nursing assistant in North Carolina earns $22,680 per year on average. In 2010, however, some North Carolina nursing assistants earned as little as less than $15,940 per year or as much as more than $34,410 per year. The following counties in North Carolina have the highest average salaries for nursing assistants:
- Chatham County - $26,460 per year
- Cumberland County - $24,590 per year
- Buncombe County - $24,150 per year
The following counties in North Carolina have the lowest average salaries for nursing assistants:
- Beaufort County - $20,060 per year
- Onslow County - $20,350 per year
- Bladen County - $20,950 per year
For more data regarding a career in nurse assisting in North Carolina and to compare salaries with various related fields such as forensic nursing or LVN, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Certificate in Nurse Assisting in North Carolina
Curious what studying Nursing Assistant gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Nursing Aides, Orderlies, and Attendants||37,030||$22,680||-5.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nursing assistant related jobs in North Carolina