There are schools offering nutrition degrees in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Nutrition Programs in North Carolina
The top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a nutrition program is University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, which was ranked 12th in the country in 2010, is located in Chapel Hill. 53 students graduated with a degree in nutrition from University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 2010. Students at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill paid $6,665 per year in tuition fees.
North Carolina State University at Raleigh, which is located in Raleigh, is the second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a nutrition program. It received a ranking of 20th in the country in 2010. In 2010, 53 students graduated from North Carolina State University at Raleigh nutrition program. Tuition at North Carolina State University at Raleigh was $6,529 per year.
Appalachian State University, which was ranked 20th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a nutrition program. It is located in Boone. In 2010, Appalachian State University graduated 18 students from its nutrition programs. The tuition rate at Appalachian State University was $5,251 per year.
Nutrition schools in North Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $5,575 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $26,200 per year, or as little as $1,609 per year. The highest tuition rates in 2010 at North Carolina nutrition schools were charged at the following schools:
- Meredith College - located in Raleigh, students are charged $26,200 per year
- Johnson & Wales University-Charlotte - located in Charlotte, students are charged $24,429 per year
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - located in Chapel Hill, students are charged $6,665 per year
The lowest tuition rates at North Carolina nutrition schools were charged at the following schools:
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College - located in Asheville, students are charged $1,609 per year
- Lenoir Community College - located in Kinston, students are charged $1,703 per year
- Piedmont Community College - located in Roxboro, students are charged $1,857 per year
A nutrition degree from a North Carolina school... what next?
A large number of North Carolina nutrition graduates become nutritionists. 1,520 nutritionists were working in North Carolina in 2010. The following counties have the largest number of North Carolina nutritionists:
- Chatham County - 290 nutritionists
- Anson County - 180 nutritionists
- Franklin County - 140 nutritionists
The government projects that the number of nutritionists in North Carolina will grow by 5%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,900 nutritionists working in North Carolina.
A nutritionist in North Carolina earns $50,000 per year on average. In 2010, however, some North Carolina nutritionists earned as little as less than $32,720 per year or as much as more than $72,950 per year. The following counties in North Carolina have the highest average salaries for nutritionists:
- Greene County - $55,350 per year
- Franklin County - $55,050 per year
- Brunswick County - $51,260 per year
On average, nutritionists earns the least in the following North Carolina counties:
- Wayne County - $45,760 per year
- Guilford County - $46,140 per year
- Alleghany County - $46,250 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional North Carolina statistics regarding a career in nutrition and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as nurse practitioning or healthcare.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Nutrition in North Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition in North Carolina
- Master's Degree in Nutrition in North Carolina
- Doctoral Degree in Nutrition in North Carolina
- Certificate in Nutrition in North Carolina
Curious what studying Nutrition gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Dietitians and Nutritionists||1,520||$50,000||14.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are nutrition related jobs in North Carolina