There are schools offering paralegal programs in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Paralegal Studies Programs in North Carolina
Approximately 0.2% of graduates in of North Carolina receive paralegal studies degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 395 paralegals graduate from North Carolina's 25 paralegal schools.
The top-ranked school in North Carolina with a paralegal program is King's College, which is located in Charlotte. In 2010, it was ranked 70th nationwide. 21 students graduated with a degree in paralegal from King's College in 2010. Tuition at King's College was $13,260 per year.
Meredith College, which is located in Raleigh, is the second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 72nd in the country in 2010. In 2010, 45 students graduated from Meredith College paralegal program. Tuition at Meredith College was $26,200 per year.
Davidson County Community College, which is located in Thomasville, is the third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a paralegal program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 9 students graduated from Davidson County Community College paralegal program. Students at Davidson County Community College paid $1,466 per year in tuition fees.
Paralegal schools in North Carolina, charge students an average tuition of $4,312 per year. But, tuition can be as much as $26,200 per year, or as little as $1,466 per year. In 2010, the paralegal schools that charged the highest tuition rates in North Carolina were:
- Meredith College - located in Raleigh, students are charged $26,200 per year
- South College-Asheville - located in Asheville, students are charged $16,200 per year
- King's College - located in Charlotte, students are charged $13,260 per year
The lowest tuition rates at North Carolina paralegal schools were charged at the following schools:
- Davidson County Community College - located in Thomasville, students are charged $1,466 per year
- Forsyth Technical Community College - located in Winston Salem, students are charged $1,524 per year
- Coastal Carolina Community College - located in Jacksonville, students are charged $1,838 per year
A paralegal degree from a North Carolina school... what next?
Most people who graduate from paralegal school in North Carolina go on to work as a paralegal. North Carolina had 9,280 paralegals in 2010. In North Carolina, the largest numbers of paralegals work in the following counties:
- Anson County - 1,990 paralegals
- Franklin County - 1,800 paralegals
- Davie County - 960 paralegals
According the US Bureau of Labor Statistics the number of paralegals is expected to grow by 27% by 2018. There are projected to be 11,420 paralegals working in the North Carolina then.
A paralegal in North Carolina makes an average of $41,650 per year. However, North Carolina paralegals earned anywhere in the range from as less than $17,490 per year to more than $72,380 per year in 2010. The following counties in North Carolina have the highest average salaries for paralegals:
- Franklin County - $52,430 per year
- Anson County - $45,250 per year
- Chatham County - $42,040 per year
On average, paralegals earns the least in the following North Carolina counties:
- Wayne County - $29,150 per year
- Bladen County - $30,710 per year
- Edgecombe County - $30,910 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional North Carolina statistics regarding a career in paralegal studies and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as homeland security or paralegal.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paralegal Studies in North Carolina
- Certificate in Paralegal Studies in North Carolina
Curious what studying Paralegal gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Paralegals and Legal Assistants||9,280||$41,650||40.0%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paralegal related jobs in North Carolina