There are schools offering paramedic programs in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Paramedic Training Programs in North Carolina
Around 0.1% of North Carolina's graduates graduate from paramedic training certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 138 paramedics graduate from North Carolina's 16 paramedic schools each year.
The top-ranked school in North Carolina with a paramedic program is Western Carolina University, which is located in Cullowhee. In 2010, it was ranked 39th nationwide. In 2010, Western Carolina University graduated 27 students from its paramedic program. Western Carolina University charged in-state students $5,124 in tuition fees per year.
Davidson County Community College, which is located in Thomasville, is the second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a paramedic program. It received a ranking of 81st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 21 students graduated from Davidson County Community College paramedic program. Students at Davidson County Community College paid $1,466 per year in tuition fees.
The third-ranked school in North Carolina with a paramedic program is Tri-County Community College, which is located in Murphy. In 2010, it was ranked 83rd nationwide. In 2010, Tri-County Community College graduated 2 students from its paramedic programs. Tri-County Community College charged in-state students $1,867 in tuition fees per year.
Tuition at North Carolina's paramedic schools ranges from $5,124 per year to $1,466 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,007 per year. In 2010, the following North Carolina paramedic schools had the highest tuition rates:
- Western Carolina University - located in Cullowhee, students are charged $5,124 per year
- Gaston College - located in Dallas, students are charged $1,984 per year
- Guilford Technical Community College - located in Jamestown, students are charged $1,981 per year
The lowest tuition rates at North Carolina paramedic schools were charged at the following schools:
- Davidson County Community College - located in Thomasville, students are charged $1,466 per year
- Forsyth Technical Community College - located in Winston Salem, students are charged $1,524 per year
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College - located in Asheville, students are charged $1,609 per year
A paramedic certificate from a North Carolina school... what next?
The highest percentage of paramedic graduates in North Carolina pursue careers as a paramedic. North Carolina had 8,940 paramedics in 2010. In North Carolina, the largest numbers of paramedics work in the following counties:
- Bladen County - 1,180 paramedics
- Anson County - 1,090 paramedics
- Beaufort County - 1,010 paramedics
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 9,970 paramedics will be working in North Carolina state. This would require the number of paramedics to grow by 14%.
On average, a paramedic earns a salary of $32,410 per year in North Carolina state. However, this number is only an average. paramedics in North Carolina had varying salaries from $17,450 to $52,740 per year in 2010. On average a paramedic earns the most in the following North Carolina counties:
- Buncombe County - $35,950 per year
- Anson County - $35,620 per year
- Greene County - $34,170 per year
The following counties in North Carolina have the lowest average salaries for paramedics:
- Beaufort County - $29,700 per year
- Bladen County - $30,100 per year
- Alexander County - $30,110 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional North Carolina statistics regarding a career in paramedic training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as paramedic or emergency management.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Paramedic Training in North Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Paramedic Training in North Carolina
- Certificate in Paramedic Training in North Carolina
Curious what studying Paramedic gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics||8,940||$32,410||31.7%|
|Ambulance Drivers and Attendants, Except Emergency Medical Technicians||450||$25,620||-4.3%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are paramedic related jobs in North Carolina