There are schools offering pharmacy technician programs in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Pharmacy Technician Training Programs in North Carolina
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of North Carolina receive pharmacy technician training certificates every year. That means an estimated 187 pharmacy technicians graduate from North Carolina's 13 pharmacy technician schools each year.
Southeastern Community College, which is located in Whiteville, is the top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a pharmacy technician program. It received a ranking of 71st in the country in 2010. In 2010, 2 students graduated from Southeastern Community College's pharmacy technician program. Tuition at Southeastern Community College was $1,455 per year.
The second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a pharmacy technician program is Brookstone College. Brookstone College, which was ranked 77th in the country in 2010, is located in Charlotte. In 2010, Brookstone College graduated 16 students from its pharmacy technician program.
Brookstone College, which was ranked 77th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a pharmacy technician program. It is located in Greensboro. In 2010, Brookstone College graduated 15 students from its pharmacy technician programs. The tuition rate at Brookstone College was $0 per year.
Tuition at North Carolina's pharmacy technician schools ranges from $1,981 per year to $1,454 per year. But, the average tuition is $1,339 per year. The North Carolina pharmacy technician schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Guilford Technical Community College - located in Jamestown, students are charged $1,981 per year
- Cape Fear Community College - located in Wilmington, students are charged $1,941 per year
- Johnston Community College - located in Smithfield, students are charged $1,905 per year
The pharmacy technician schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in North Carolina were:
- Vance-Granville Community College - located in Henderson, students are charged $1,454 per year
- Southeastern Community College - located in Whiteville, students are charged $1,455 per year
- Davidson County Community College - located in Thomasville, students are charged $1,466 per year
A pharmacy technician certificate from a North Carolina school... what next?
Most people who graduate from pharmacy technician school in North Carolina go on to work as a pharmacy technician. North Carolina had 11,240 pharmacy technicians in 2010. In North Carolina, the largest numbers of pharmacy technicians work in the following counties:
- Anson County - 2,180 pharmacy technicians
- Caswell County - 1,010 pharmacy technicians
- Bladen County - 1,000 pharmacy technicians
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 13,860 pharmacy technicians will be working in North Carolina state. This would require the number of pharmacy technicians to grow by 34%.
A pharmacy technician in North Carolina makes an average of $26,690 per year. But, salaries for pharmacy technicians can vary. In 2010, pharmacy technicians made as little as less than $16,020 per year or as much as more than $41,960 per year in North Carolina. A pharmacy technician in the following North Carolina counties makes the highest salaries on average:
- Chatham County - $30,960 per year
- Cumberland County - $30,630 per year
- Wayne County - $28,280 per year
On average, pharmacy technicians earns the least in the following North Carolina counties:
- Guilford County - $22,920 per year
- Bladen County - $23,800 per year
- Edgecombe County - $24,100 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional North Carolina statistics regarding a career in pharmacy technician training and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or physician assisting.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Pharmacy Technician Training in North Carolina
- Certificate in Pharmacy Technician Training in North Carolina
Curious what studying Pharmacy Technician gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are pharmacy technician related jobs in North Carolina