There are schools offering respiratory therapy programs in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Respiratory Therapy Programs in North Carolina
Approximately 0.1% of graduates in of North Carolina receive respiratory therapy degrees every year. In other words, every year an estimated 203 respiratory therapists graduate from North Carolina's 15 respiratory therapy schools.
The top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a respiratory therapy program is University of North Carolina at Charlotte. University of North Carolina at Charlotte, which was ranked 34th in the country in 2010, is located in Charlotte. 19 students graduated with a degree in respiratory therapy from University of North Carolina at Charlotte in 2010. Students at University of North Carolina at Charlotte paid $5,138 per year in tuition fees.
Edgecombe Community College, which is located in Tarboro, is the second-ranked school in North Carolina that has a respiratory therapy program. It received a ranking of 80th in the country in 2010. 10 students graduated with degree in respiratory therapy from Edgecombe Community College in 2010. Tuition at Edgecombe Community College was $1,880 per year.
Stanly Community College, which was ranked 80th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a respiratory therapy program. It is located in Albemarle. In 2010, Stanly Community College graduated 11 students from its respiratory therapy programs. The tuition rate at Stanly Community College was $1,928 per year.
Tuition at North Carolina's respiratory therapy schools ranges from $5,138 per year to $1,524 per year. But, the average tuition is $2,107 per year. In 2010, the respiratory therapy schools that charged the highest tuition rates in North Carolina were:
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte - located in Charlotte, students are charged $5,138 per year
- Robeson Community College - located in Lumberton, students are charged $2,132 per year
- Central Piedmont Community College - located in Charlotte, students are charged $2,024 per year
The following North Carolina respiratory therapy schools had the lowest tuition rates:
- Forsyth Technical Community College - located in Winston Salem, students are charged $1,524 per year
- Sandhills Community College - located in Pinehurst, students are charged $1,697 per year
- Catawba Valley Community College - located in Hickory, students are charged $1,855 per year
A respiratory therapy degree from a North Carolina school... what next?
Most people who graduate from respiratory therapy school in North Carolina go on to work as a respiratory therapist. North Carolina had 3,110 respiratory therapists in 2010. The largest populations of North Carolina respiratory therapists are working in the following counties:
- Anson County - 590 respiratory therapists
- Chatham County - 330 respiratory therapists
- Guilford County - 250 respiratory therapists
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that by 2018, an estimated 3,850 respiratory therapists will be working in North Carolina state. This would require the number of respiratory therapists to grow by 26%.
On average, a respiratory therapist earns a salary of $51,090 per year in North Carolina state. But, salaries for respiratory therapists can vary. In 2010, respiratory therapists made as little as less than $37,040 per year or as much as more than $68,960 per year in North Carolina. The following counties in North Carolina have the highest average salaries for respiratory therapists:
- Guilford County - $53,090 per year
- Chatham County - $52,830 per year
- Anson County - $51,760 per year
A respiratory therapist in the following counties in North Carolina make the lowest salaries on average:
- Alleghany County - $46,910 per year
- Buncombe County - $48,600 per year
- Bladen County - $50,010 per year
Take a look at the graphs and charts below for additional North Carolina statistics regarding a career in respiratory therapy and to compare salaries with a variety of related fields such as health science or allied health.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in North Carolina
- Bachelor's Degree in Respiratory Therapy in North Carolina
Curious what studying Respiratory Therapy gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Respiratory Therapy Technicians||350||$41,560||-37.5%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are respiratory therapy related jobs in North Carolina