There are schools offering sonography programs in North Carolina!
Schools Offering Sonography Programs in North Carolina
Around 0.0% of North Carolina's graduates graduate from sonography certificate programs every year. That means an estimated 70 sonographers graduate from North Carolina's 9 sonography schools each year.
Johnston Community College, which was ranked 85th nationwide in 2010, is the top-ranked school in North Carolina that has a sonography program. It is located in Smithfield. 5 students graduated with a certificate in sonography from Johnston Community College in 2010. Tuition at Johnston Community College was $1,905 per year.
The second-ranked school in North Carolina with a sonography program is Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College, which is located in Asheville. In 2010, it was ranked 86th nationwide. In 2010, Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College graduated 10 students from its sonography program. Students at Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College paid $1,609 per year in tuition fees.
Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute, which was ranked 86th nationwide in 2010, is the third-ranked school in North Carolina that has a sonography program. It is located in Hudson. In 2010, Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute graduated 7 students from its sonography programs. Students at Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute paid $1,872 per year in tuition fees.
Tuition at North Carolina's sonography schools ranges from $1,980 per year to $1,524 per year. But, the average tuition is $1,842 per year. The North Carolina sonography schools with the highest tuition rates in 2010 were:
- Pitt Community College - located in Winterville, students are charged $1,980 per year
- South Piedmont Community College - located in Polkton, students are charged $1,946 per year
- Cape Fear Community College - located in Wilmington, students are charged $1,941 per year
The sonography schools that charged the lowest tuition rates in North Carolina were:
- Forsyth Technical Community College - located in Winston Salem, students are charged $1,524 per year
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College - located in Asheville, students are charged $1,609 per year
- Caldwell Community College and Technical Institute - located in Hudson, students are charged $1,872 per year
A sonography certificate from a North Carolina school... what next?
The highest percentage of sonography graduates in North Carolina pursue careers as a sonographer. 1,630 sonographers were working in North Carolina in 2010. In North Carolina, the largest numbers of sonographers work in the following counties:
- Anson County - 270 sonographers
- Davie County - 190 sonographers
- Franklin County - 160 sonographers
The government projects that the number of sonographers in North Carolina will grow by 21%. By 2018, there will be an estimated 1,790 sonographers working in North Carolina.
A sonographer in North Carolina makes an average of $60,710 per year. In 2010, however, some North Carolina sonographers earned as little as less than $39,670 per year or as much as more than $87,940 per year. The counties in North Carolina with the highest average salary for a sonographer are:
- Cumberland County - $68,300 per year
- Bladen County - $66,570 per year
- Edgecombe County - $63,650 per year
The following counties in North Carolina have the lowest average salaries for sonographers:
- Alleghany County - $53,540 per year
- Beaufort County - $57,030 per year
- Alexander County - $57,510 per year
For more data regarding a career in sonography in North Carolina and to compare salaries with various related fields such as radiology technology or sonography, take a look at the graphs and charts below.
Here are the different levels of study available for you to explore.
- Associate's Degree in Sonography in North Carolina
- Certificate in Sonography in North Carolina
Curious what studying Sonography gets you?
Check out the different options and how they're looking in North Carolina
|Rank||Profession||Employment Number||Avg Salary||Job Growth (past 5 yrs)|
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographers||1,630||$60,710||13.2%|
Got your degree? Time to find a job!
Below are sonography related jobs in North Carolina